This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NLSH10: A4s 3-bet how to continue on Axx?

• Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.02
      MP3:
      $5.04
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $11.38
      SB (Hero):
      $10.05
      BB:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 4.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, BU raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.30, 2 folds, BU calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.8) A, 5, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.8) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($6.8) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $6.8.
      Villain stats (147 hands)
      26/21/38/9.5/20
      1.8/100/80/40

Preflop:
      So little LAG-player opens button (steals a lot, so I need to play back at some point) and so I 3-bet.

Post-flop:
      This is where I don't know what's best to do. I don't see me get much value out of middle pairs and he won't have a lot of draws either plus the fact that sometimes he will raise this flop with a bluff and I got bluffed off the best hand. So I check to induce some bluffs.

What if he pulls a second barrel? call again?

What are the typical post-flop lines for these kind of hands?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Zeffke,

Preflop: He is folding to 3bets only 20% of the time so far, I guess I am not really a huge fan of 3betting cause too many better Ax hands Call us and we put ourselves into trouble.

As played
      Postflop: If he is an aggressive opponent then I don't mind even your play, my plan would be Check/Fold the turn cause I doubt that he would be bluffing that often there anymore. Another possibility would be of course to CB but I tend to Check/Call vs those loose 3bet callers often times to induce bluffs.

Best Regards.