[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Aa

• puchium
      puchium
      Bronze
      Villain is a 84/16 on 34 hands I really didn't think through when he raised b/c he was playing just so many hands... when the flop comes and he leads i'm guessing he has a pair with a flush draw or just top pair so I think a call would've been better but I decided to raise. when the turn hits i'm just checking it b/c he could've had the jack and then the river hits and the flush draw gets there... I've seen so many maniacs just bet the flop and check it down with trips regardless of the turn and river and the J and the draw where in his range so I decided to check it down. my real question is on the flop when he leads out... he could've had a set too... maniacs get hands from time to time x.x

PokerStars Hand #76841502942: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2012/03/08 9:07:33 ET
      Table 'Angetenar V' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
      Seat 1: Ainer86 ($2 in chips)
      Seat 2: Eugeny0909 ($1.62 in chips)
      Seat 3: w3av3r ($2 in chips)
      Seat 4: Vladislav1st ($0.99 in chips)
      Seat 5: hunterct ($2 in chips)
      Seat 6: TGoG liu ($1.11 in chips)
      Seat 8: macpunani ($6.03 in chips)
      Seat 9: puchium ($5 in chips)
      w3av3r: posts small blind $0.01
      Vladislav1st: posts big blind $0.02
      peddy555: sits out
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to puchium [As Ah]
      hunterct: folds
      TGoG liu: folds
      macpunani: calls $0.02
      puchium: raises $0.06 to $0.08
      Ainer86: folds
      Eugeny0909: folds
      w3av3r: folds
      Vladislav1st: folds
      macpunani: calls $0.06
      *** FLOP *** [Jc Kd 2c]
      macpunani: bets $0.24
      puchium: raises $0.36 to $0.60
      macpunani: calls $0.36
      *** TURN *** [Jc Kd 2c] [Jh]
      macpunani: checks
      puchium: checks
      *** RIVER *** [Jc Kd 2c Jh] [9c]
      macpunani: checks
      puchium: checks
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      macpunani: shows [Kh 5h] (two pair, Kings and Jacks)
      puchium: shows [As Ah] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
      puchium collected $1.34 from pot
      *** SUMMARY ***
  • 6 replies
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      I believe that checking back on the river is bad. He would bet the river with flush, full house or straight. You can easily bet for value there. Versus that type of players i am going for +3 streets of value. Sometimes they will call a river bet with 33-88,TT.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($1.11)
      MP1 ($6.03)
      Hero (MP2) ($5)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($1.62)
      SB ($2)
      BB ($0.99)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is MP2 A:spade: A:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.06

Flop: J:club: K:diamond: 2:club: ($0.19, 2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.24, Hero raises to $0.60, MP1 calls $0.36

Turn: J:heart: ($1.39, 2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks

River: 9:club: ($1.39, 2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $1.39
      MP1 shows two pair, Kings and Jacks
      K:heart: 5:heart:
      Hero shows two pair, Aces and Jacks
      A:spade: A:heart:

Hero wins $1.34 (net +$0.66)

MP1 lost $0.68
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello puchium,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

I moved your thread to correct spot and also I would advice you to convert hands, how to? Link

Preflop: While there is one limper you should raise to 10 cents.
      Postflop: Why do you raise the flop and don't bet the turn for value + protection? Rather Bet the turn for value + protection. :)

Best Regards.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1) flop is a raise for sure against a VPIP 80 guy who has almost every KX and JX and random straight/flush draws.

2) The turn isn't exactly the best card for you since he does have some JX in his leading range on the Flop. However, your opponent has way more KX and draws in his range, meaning you can still go for value. I will bet half pot and fold to a raise, putting him on JX, if I think he is on the passive side. If he is a spazzy player i will bet/call.

3) The river sucks big time for us. As played I would bet the river since i didnt bet the turn. he is unlikely to have anything when he checks twice.

However, if you did choose to play it like I suggested, this River wouldn't be too good for us, we can expect villain to still have many JX and QT/flushes since we did keep the initiative on the Flop and Turn and I would expect him to continue trapping and checking these hands on the river.

It would be a check back in that case
    • puchium
      puchium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello puchium,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

I moved your thread to correct spot and also I would advice you to convert hands, how to? Link

Preflop: While there is one limper you should raise to 10 cents.
      Postflop: Why do you raise the flop and don't bet the turn for value + protection? Rather Bet the turn for value + protection. :)

Best Regards.
      Thanks for the welcome! was wondering how people converted hands x.x thanks haha xD I didn't bet the turn because the J was on his range even though the jack on the turn makes it less likely for him to have a J, it was my mind playing tricks on me I guess.
    • puchium
      puchium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      1) flop is a raise for sure against a VPIP 80 guy who has almost every KX and JX and random straight/flush draws.

2) The turn isn't exactly the best card for you since he does have some JX in his leading range on the Flop. However, your opponent has way more KX and draws in his range, meaning you can still go for value. I will bet half pot and fold to a raise, putting him on JX, if I think he is on the passive side. If he is a spazzy player i will bet/call.

3) The river sucks big time for us. As played I would bet the river since i didnt bet the turn. he is unlikely to have anything when he checks twice.

However, if you did choose to play it like I suggested, this River wouldn't be too good for us, we can expect villain to still have many JX and QT/flushes since we did keep the initiative on the Flop and Turn and I would expect him to continue trapping and checking these hands on the river.

It would be a check back in that case
      really appreciate the time taken! didn't really think about that on the turn or that check through the turn and river, thanks for the advice, was to worried about the J