This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25, AQ, resteal attempt

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($25.60)
      Button ($54.10)
      SB ($15.80)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($33.60)
      UTG+1 ($4.65)
      MP1 ($25)
      MP2 ($4.65)
      MP3 ($24.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , Q:diamond: .
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.85, Hero raises to $2.25, SB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.35) 5:spade: , 7:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3 (All-In), SB calls $3.

Turn: ($0) 7:diamond: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($0) 9:diamond: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $10.35

The villain was holding Q7o, so it was definitely a steal attempt from his side... I'd just like to know if my play was correct, specially on the flop, but I think a contibet was ok and only push was a decent one.
  • 4 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      push preflop
    • Tukaluga
      Tukaluga
      Bronze
      i would also prefer to push ALL IN if u think he might steal !
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I only recently started to play at NL25 so I feel a little newbie even though I played quite some time on NL10... :)

About this hand I'd like to represent some points of view I have...

I think that my hand here was way ahead from a usual steal range, and therefore I believe that a common reraise was better than a direct push, because I don't believe anyone would call all-in with marginal hand like in my case... ...the villain just unfortunately got lucky by flopping his top pair this time. So, in the long run I think that common reraise would be more profitable since 20BB(all-in) reraise seem a little too much to call after a 3BB bet.

But my thinking applies only to situations when the SB is stealing, because you have the position on the flop, however I totally agree to go all-in if the stealer is BU and you are out of position on the flop.

So, I would appreciate if you could correct me if and where I'm wrong, I might find some leaks in my game...

Thank you!
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I would push, since our goal is to push as early as possible) Don't see anything bad in 3x betting though.