Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $74,4
      Hero:
      $105,9

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Fto3B = 75%
      FCB = 80%

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $1,75, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $6,00, 3 folds, MP2 calls $4,25.

Flop: ($12,75) A:diamond: , Q:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $6, MP2 calls $6,00.

Is the cbet size fine? I think i can't continue if he calls the flop with his high FCB value

Turn: ($24,75) 3:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($24,75) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $24,75

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $93,9
      BU:
      $98,85

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Same player

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , T:club:
      3 folds, BU raises to $1,75, SB folds, Hero raises to $6,50, BU calls $4,75.

Flop: ($13,25) J:diamond: , 7:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,5, BU calls $7,50.

Turn: ($28,25) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($28,25) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $9, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $28,25
  • 4 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hand 1
      Why 3bet vs UTG? Do you intend to play for stacks? If not I doubt it is the best play, were the players behind very aggro (even so you could trap and shove over their squeeze)

As played I would not cbet flop. You 3betted his UTG raise and he called OOP despite his very high F3bet.

Hand 2

Your intention is to c/f? I would personally second barrel that board since I expect villain to have lots of draws in his range that he decided to play passively from the flop and that will prolly give up on a pairing turn card.

I would also cbet, but I would be able to be more certain if I would see the 4bet/ F4bet stats. Against a standard player I would expect him to 4bet his QQ+ AK+, hence I think his range has lots of draws in it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Still would be nice if you posted them into different thread if they ain't related. :D They are totally different hands and we could go into them with more detail analyze.

Hand #1
      What's the idea of 3bet? For value? Why do you CB the flop, do you expect worse hands to fold?

Hand #2
      If you CB the flop then for what do you do it? For value or what? If you do plan to do it for value then you should definitely 2nd barrel it and protect your hand and avoid his floats, I doubt that you are going to Check/Fold.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yeah i should have posted them in different threads, didn't thought that there is much to talk about :)

Villains openraiserange is 21%
      Hand1:
      I just thought i want to expand my 3B range and that i can 3B for value with TT vs a 21% range.
      But what i didn't thought about was his possible reactions. He will fold most of the time or 4B and i can't go for stacks with TT.

So i should just call, but with which hands can i 3B in this situations since i want to exploit his huge Fto3B?
      Hands that i want to play for stacks and hands like AXs and some SCs and OneGappers that i can fold easily to a 4B?

Whats the best play if i have an aggressive opponent in the blinds with ~12% 3B like DeMacrohsp wrote? Should i still just flat and ship after his sqz to get the dead money?

Hand2:
      His 4B stat = 3.4% (13)
      No real data on Fto4B
      BU openraise = 37%

I just thought that with such high FtoCB value and Fto3B he must be on a strong range and since we are deep i don't want to risk any more.
      But i understand that i should fire a second barrel since there isn't much in his range that has me beaten at this point.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So i should just call, but with which hands can i 3B in this situations since i want to exploit his huge Fto3B?

Well, I would Call. We also have the position and our hand plays perfectly well postflop. Of course it ain't like a huge mistake if you even 3bet cause I skipped the part that we were a bit deeper.

Hands that i want to play for stacks and hands like AXs and some SCs and OneGappers that i can fold easily to a 4B?

Yes, those SCs/gappers are much better cause they are easy to play postflop.

Whats the best play if i have an aggressive opponent in the blinds with ~12% 3B like DeMacrohsp wrote? Should i still just flat and ship after his sqz to get the dead money?

Wouldn't say like ship directly. Depends on the raise sizes and etc but most likely I would plan then flatting and trapping.

I just thought that with such high FtoCB value and Fto3B he must be on a strong range and since we are deep i don't want to risk any more.

But the question is if we want to play in big pot with our hand? Especially if you ain't even 2nd barreling on the turn then I would definitely rather prefer to just flat preflop and play postflop.