This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH50 - cbet in 3B pot vs fish

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $52,75
      MP3:
      $34,25
      CO:
      $64,09

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , J:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,50, CO raises to $2,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $6,50, MP3 folds, CO calls $4,25.

Flop: ($13,75) K:diamond: , 9:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6,5, CO calls $6,50.

His range is huge and this board is very dry so even if he can call me with a lot should i always make a cbet?

Turn: ($26,75) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $26,75, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $26,75
  • 5 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I would always make the cbet unless I know he never folds to one and I would make it bigger if I intend to fire a single barrel, like 7,5-8. I think a bet smaller than that might induce some spew from him and we don't want that.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Doesn't really make sense to even CB vs such an opponent on the flop, you wont make him fold by just CBetting once. I am pretty sure he is floating with whole range he called preflop and of course included all weaker PPs as K pair. So I would tend to just Check/Fold here unless I expect to have some fold equity or I plan to 2barrel.

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello chocular77,

Doesn't really make sense to even CB vs such an opponent on the flop, you wont make him fold by just CBetting once. I am pretty sure he is floating with whole range he called preflop and of course included all weaker PPs as K pair. So I would tend to just Check/Fold here unless I expect to have some fold equity or I plan to 2barrel.

Best Regards.
      Then we 3bet preflop just to play hit/fold? I don't think this is a good play vs a guy that can have 50% of all hands here.

Other options for the hand ?
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Its not so bad to play fit fold, cause almost everytime you do hit, you get huge value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jachis
      Its not so bad to play fit fold, cause almost everytime you do hit, you get huge value.
      Exactly. :)

Another option just wait for a better spot and do it for value. :P