[NL2-NL10] KK in BB

• nefarious26
      when SB 3 bets i know he is at the top of his range, im thinking AK QQ-AA i call 3 bet which looks super strong im thinking i can get a bit extra from mp2 , so the flop sb cbets big and narrow him to QQ-AA, i did think about folding pre for all of 5 seconds, given the stats and situation what would be the best way to play this hand? thanks

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , K:club:
      MP2 raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $1.10, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($2.70) 9:spade: , 8:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.5, Hero raises to $9.78 (All-In), SB raises to $8.80 (All-In).

Turn: ($21.28) 2:club:
      River: ($21.28) 3:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.28

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows a pair of aces (As Ad)
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kd Kc)

SB wins with a pair of aces (As Ad)
      Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kd Kc)
  • 1 reply
    • Wriggers
      I like your preflop play, although thinking about folding here isn't great ;) But a cold 4bet from you basically narrows SB's continuing range down to KK+, and since we have KK that makes it all the more likely he doesn't. When we just flat the 3bet he can still have QQ and AK in his range.

Flop cbet is standard in my opinion, this doesn't narrow his range down at all, he still has the same preflop range. But I don't see any reason to shove, QQ might call, AA will definitely call, and AK will definitely fold. So why not just call and re-evaluate the turn? If he bets quite large on a blank turn again I think we can find a fold, since the way the hand has played out I think it's more likely he would check/call QQ and give up on AK.