Warning Warning-- KK's+ in UTG;UTG1........

• surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi fellow MSS'ers,
      I've been playin at 888 for the last 6 months NL2 FR.
      My experiences have been that when playing KK in UTG or UTG1 a standard 3xBB PFR would draw a call or 2 maybe even 3 players...SO...
      I have switched over to POKERSTARS NL5 ( for the last 2 weeks)and it's a lot different there.
      A 3xBB PFR from UTG or UTG1 seems to always be met with 8 folds.
      It's like sounding the "WARNING WARNING POCKET KK's OR AA's"siren.
      Picking up the blinds is appreciated but action would be better.
      Stars is way more nitty'er it seems.
      Should I stick to standard 3xBB PFR and hope things pan out in the long run?
      Perhaps a 4.5XBB PFR would make my hand seem weaker(77 to JJ)?
      A PFR of less than 3xBB would seem risky at these stakes.
      I like to stick to a standard raise from all positions first in as this keeps my Pre-flop aggression very Vanilla, and I don't get shovey or too over creative.
      What are any other fellow MSS'ers doing with your KK and AA in UTG and UTG1 at the NL5 FR tables or similar???
  • 8 replies
    • antonnotna1984
      antonnotna1984
      Bronze
      I fold them
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Seriously...What don't you fold; KKK?
    • cojo013
      cojo013
      Bronze
      Raise any 2 from utg and pick blinds everytime as siren will star after your raise. easy game...
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Interesting to suggest any 2.
      I guess any thinking player can see my Mid stack buy-in and put me on the QQ,KK AA range for a UTG PFR.
      Any 2 when I haven't had a hand in UTG for a long time may spice things up,especially if I'm called and hit a monster flop.
      Thanks.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by surfwell1818
      Hi fellow MSS'ers,
      I've been playin at 888 for the last 6 months NL2 FR.
      My experiences have been that when playing KK in UTG or UTG1 a standard 3xBB PFR would draw a call or 2 maybe even 3 players...SO...
      I have switched over to POKERSTARS NL5 ( for the last 2 weeks)and it's a lot different there.
      A 3xBB PFR from UTG or UTG1 seems to always be met with 8 folds.
      It's like sounding the "WARNING WARNING POCKET KK's OR AA's"siren.
      Picking up the blinds is appreciated but action would be better.
      Stars is way more nitty'er it seems.
      Should I stick to standard 3xBB PFR and hope things pan out in the long run?
      Perhaps a 4.5XBB PFR would make my hand seem weaker(77 to JJ)?
      A PFR of less than 3xBB would seem risky at these stakes.
      I like to stick to a standard raise from all positions first in as this keeps my Pre-flop aggression very Vanilla, and I don't get shovey or too over creative.
      What are any other fellow MSS'ers doing with your KK and AA in UTG and UTG1 at the NL5 FR tables or similar???
      I don't play at 888 although I do have an account there, but to be honest no matter what site i play on the big stacks should pretty much always fold to you as a short stack as they dont get the odds to set mine, I think its maybe more a matter of table selection rather than switching sites. The fish will call !!! :f_biggrin:
      I notice Gerv sometimes recommends raising pre a little more on the the lower limits as fish will call if its 3bb or 4 bb!! getting as much money in as possible is our goal with a good hand :f_biggrin:
      Just my 2 cents

Roo
    • Monkeyman5
      Monkeyman5
      Bronze
      Raising UTG usually indicates strong hands regardless of what site you're on, perhaps on stars anyway, limp raise as shown in brunsons supersystem?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      if you are getting too much credit it just means you are being too nitty in UTG
      just widen up your range to induce more hands
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Thanks all.
      A bit wider range will be an interesting step for me.
      I'll just have to tell myself not to fall in love with my hand when I find myself in a tricky spot oop and having been the PFR'er.
      Peace
      Simon