This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Warning Warning-- KK's+ in UTG;UTG1........

• surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi fellow MSS'ers,
      I've been playin at 888 for the last 6 months NL2 FR.
      My experiences have been that when playing KK in UTG or UTG1 a standard 3xBB PFR would draw a call or 2 maybe even 3 players...SO...
      I have switched over to POKERSTARS NL5 ( for the last 2 weeks)and it's a lot different there.
      A 3xBB PFR from UTG or UTG1 seems to always be met with 8 folds.
      It's like sounding the "WARNING WARNING POCKET KK's OR AA's"siren.
      Picking up the blinds is appreciated but action would be better.
      Stars is way more nitty'er it seems.
      Should I stick to standard 3xBB PFR and hope things pan out in the long run?
      Perhaps a 4.5XBB PFR would make my hand seem weaker(77 to JJ)?
      A PFR of less than 3xBB would seem risky at these stakes.
      I like to stick to a standard raise from all positions first in as this keeps my Pre-flop aggression very Vanilla, and I don't get shovey or too over creative.
      What are any other fellow MSS'ers doing with your KK and AA in UTG and UTG1 at the NL5 FR tables or similar???
  • 8 replies
    • antonnotna1984
      antonnotna1984
      Bronze
      I fold them
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Seriously...What don't you fold; KKK?
    • cojo013
      cojo013
      Bronze
      Raise any 2 from utg and pick blinds everytime as siren will star after your raise. easy game...
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Interesting to suggest any 2.
      I guess any thinking player can see my Mid stack buy-in and put me on the QQ,KK AA range for a UTG PFR.
      Any 2 when I haven't had a hand in UTG for a long time may spice things up,especially if I'm called and hit a monster flop.
      Thanks.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by surfwell1818
      Hi fellow MSS'ers,
      I've been playin at 888 for the last 6 months NL2 FR.
      My experiences have been that when playing KK in UTG or UTG1 a standard 3xBB PFR would draw a call or 2 maybe even 3 players...SO...
      I have switched over to POKERSTARS NL5 ( for the last 2 weeks)and it's a lot different there.
      A 3xBB PFR from UTG or UTG1 seems to always be met with 8 folds.
      It's like sounding the "WARNING WARNING POCKET KK's OR AA's"siren.
      Picking up the blinds is appreciated but action would be better.
      Stars is way more nitty'er it seems.
      Should I stick to standard 3xBB PFR and hope things pan out in the long run?
      Perhaps a 4.5XBB PFR would make my hand seem weaker(77 to JJ)?
      A PFR of less than 3xBB would seem risky at these stakes.
      I like to stick to a standard raise from all positions first in as this keeps my Pre-flop aggression very Vanilla, and I don't get shovey or too over creative.
      What are any other fellow MSS'ers doing with your KK and AA in UTG and UTG1 at the NL5 FR tables or similar???
      I don't play at 888 although I do have an account there, but to be honest no matter what site i play on the big stacks should pretty much always fold to you as a short stack as they dont get the odds to set mine, I think its maybe more a matter of table selection rather than switching sites. The fish will call !!! :f_biggrin:
      I notice Gerv sometimes recommends raising pre a little more on the the lower limits as fish will call if its 3bb or 4 bb!! getting as much money in as possible is our goal with a good hand :f_biggrin:
      Just my 2 cents

Roo
    • Monkeyman5
      Monkeyman5
      Bronze
      Raising UTG usually indicates strong hands regardless of what site you're on, perhaps on stars anyway, limp raise as shown in brunsons supersystem?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      if you are getting too much credit it just means you are being too nitty in UTG
      just widen up your range to induce more hands
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Thanks all.
      A bit wider range will be an interesting step for me.
      I'll just have to tell myself not to fall in love with my hand when I find myself in a tricky spot oop and having been the PFR'er.
      Peace
      Simon