This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] just spew

• nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      i check call flop i feel hes on a draw, as i get to the river should i be bet folding instead of chk/calling? thanks

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $11.65
      Hero:
      $12.55
      CO:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) 9:club: , 6:club: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.5, BB folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.95) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($1.95) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.46, Hero calls $1.46.

Final Pot: $4.87

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ac Kh)
      CO shows a flush, king high (Jc Tc)

CO wins with a flush, king high (Jc Tc)
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      If you think he's on a draw why not raise the flop as a bluff? Or donk the turn? Those are both viable options to get him to fold a very large equity share and pick up some significant dead money.

As played, on the river I think a bet/fold is better than check/call. B/f allows you to pick your own price, i'd recommend about $1, and he will call you with hands that would check back when checked to such as 9x, TT-QQ but only raise you with better :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nefarious26,

One of the worst lines you could pick is Check/Call. Rather CB yourself and gain fold equity. If you go for Check then Check/Fold it.

As played what do you beat which Checks the turn and Bets so big on river? Don't you think there is a lot more value by betting yourself to get value from PPs.

Best Regards.