[NL2-NL10] MSS SH - set

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      I doubled up some hands ago and called the raise pre flop for set mining.

I hit my set on the flop and decided to bet for value/protection since the board is conected and I don't want a free turn card.

Unfortunatelly the turn card is a :heart: and I think my opponent might have the flush since it was a 4 way pot on the flop. I don't want to turn my set into a bluff so I decide to xc the turn and try to hit one of my outs on the river.

I don't hit the river but his bet is too small. I need to be ahead 1 in 7 situations to be +EV here.

Is it ok to xc the riv?

What if he bets 2/3 of the pot? Should I xf?

And what about the other streets? Are they well played?

thx in advance! :)

edit:

MP: 28/26/inf/33 53 hands
      BU: 49/15/2.3/31 125 hands
      SB: 22/18/4.0/0 50 hands

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($12.34)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($24.01)
      BTN ($6.02)
      SB ($14.44)
      Hero (BB) ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BB 4:club: 4:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: 10:heart: 4:heart: A:spade: ($1.20, 4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.80, SB folds

Turn: 3:heart: ($2.80, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: 2:diamond: ($4.80, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

Final Pot: $6.80
      Hero shows
      4:club: 4:spade:
      BTN shows a flush, Ten high
      7:heart: 9:heart:

BTN wins $6.49 (net +$3.39)

Hero collects $0.00 (net -$3.10)
      SB lost $0.30
      UTG+1 lost $0.30
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      This is one of the best flops to check/raise on because UTG+1 is not last to act so if he checks, BTN might stab as well but more often these boards get cBet very often

If you lead, then bet close to pot as they are not going to fold their TP hands when you near pot it. They might fold their weak flushdraws which is fine

You can play it this way but I think BTN has more Ax in his range than flushdraws simply due combinatorics so betting the Turn is also fine

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      This is one of the best flops to check/raise on because UTG+1 is not last to act so if he checks, BTN might stab as well but more often these boards get cBet very often

If you lead, then bet close to pot as they are not going to fold their TP hands when you near pot it. They might fold their weak flushdraws which is fine

You can play it this way but I think BTN has more Ax in his range than flushdraws simply due combinatorics so betting the Turn is also fine

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Ok! And what if I bet the Turn and get raised? I have to shove due to my 10 outs, right?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

If you bet like $2, yes you have to bet/call since you get like 4:1 on your money

- Gerv