This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

my poker carreer

• jdvolder
      jdvolder
      Bronze
      hi, i have been playing poker for 6 months; but i started playing on pokerstrategy about two weeks ago. In the mean time I have played 4000+ hands SSS, and i haven't had the best of luck. I lost about 63$ (-6,38 BB/100), and only kind of gained money by playing freezouts (where my highest ranking was 5).

For SSS, I have been following the SHC and the instructions given by it, but i can't seem to build up a steady bankroll playing this strategy (i play titan 0,05/0,10).

Anyone have any advise for a player getting deticated to the game?
  • 2 replies
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi jdvolder,

Good advice: Learn the articles, review your own hands, post questions here, post hands to judge and visit as much coachings as possible... That way you'll become a better player and able to move up ;) Good luck!
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      I dunno if I should be to one to give advice because I am a beginner myself.

I also had a bad downswing of 150BB. I am playing micro limits FL. I decided to go back to basics especially trying to understand Outs and Odss and watched the videos especially by cornholio. Every time I play now, his voice is in my head telling me what I should be looking out for.

Thru his coaching, I started to improve my reads. In games that I fold, I would always figure out my outs and odds. I would look at the history. looking at games I won or lost to see if I made the right decisions and seeing my opponents tendencies. It was awesome practise and I started to enjoy my play again and I paid little attention to my gains and losses except for BRM of course. :D

This morning as I signed out, I was honestly surprised that I have all but erased the losses that I sustained on my 150BB downswing.

What got me here, the strategies, cornholio and the rest of the guys advice on this forum. hope it helps.

Good luck buddy..