Effects of Zoom Poker on Regular Tables

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Maybe people who played on FTP could help me here.

Will Zoom attract fish from regular tables and will regular tables become less fishy or will it be vice versa that Zoom will attract a lot of nits as nits like to fold a lot and want to play more hands in a session and the ideal fish might not be too bothered about folding a lot.

I don't intend on playing Zoom a lot and was wondering what would happen to the tables I play at when Zoom rolls out.
  • 22 replies
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      As with any big new event people will flock to it. Fish to shark you will see everyone try it out. Eventually zoom will hit a consistent player base maybe 1 or 2 months from now. Their might be problems that need to be sorted out within the first few weeks. Playing a lot of rush during the end days of ft I felt that it really was more of a gamble compared to full ring. People play a lot more loose from what I remember since you might meet a player once or twice in 100 hands.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Maybe people who played on FTP could help me here.

Will Zoom attract fish from regular tables and will regular tables become less fishy or will it be vice versa that Zoom will attract a lot of nits as nits like to fold a lot and want to play more hands in a session and the ideal fish might not be too bothered about folding a lot.

I don't intend on playing Zoom a lot and was wondering what would happen to the tables I play at when Zoom rolls out.

No doubt the fish will have a look, but they will come straight back. Nothing decimates a fishes money quicker than rush/zoom.
      Don't know about the nits though. Now rake has changed to weighted contribution, it probably won't be as attractive to the nits.

With rush same thing happened. Fish would have a look, get burnt and head back to safer pastures. Nits loved rush because rake was shared between all players dealt into the hand.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      regular tables seemed to get softer since almost all best regs and bunch of nits now played rush
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Ok, Zooms out now. Lets see what impact it has on regular tables :D . Would definitely give it a try though at NL2. :D
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Ok, Zooms out now. Lets see what impact it has on regular tables :D . Would definitely give it a try though at NL2. :D
      where can i find this Zoom poker?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by UXMALAGA
      :f_confused: Really???
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      No I mean really??????? I cant find it from anywhere?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I mean are you being sarcastic or funny or you genuinely wanna know? Sorry if I'm coming across as rude but I don't understand your question. The thread is in Pokerstars forum and Pokerstars lobby has a new tab right before "Tourney" called "Zoom".
    • Southofheaven
      Southofheaven
      Bronze
      no it doesnt? pokerstars.eu client here if it makes a difference
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Ok maybe you need to update your pokerstars software, Close it and restart it that should do the trick. I don't know if its out on other Pokerstars domains I play on the main .com one.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Maybe you are running mods and have just disabled updates?
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      lol, well i dont have the tab, i quess there is update then.... will try to make a restart on next break... Thanks anyway.
    • Southofheaven
      Southofheaven
      Bronze
      nah, ps.eu just dsnt have it yet it seems, updated the .com tho and i see it now
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I can't join. "Zoom session is full" :D only takes 1500 players. Its like trying to register for a freeroll thats already full. :D
    • edgeatsix
      edgeatsix
      Silver
      I can't join. "Zoom session is full" :D only takes 1500 players. Its like trying to register for a freeroll thats already full. :D
      now still got cap?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Zoom has one element missing from Full Tilt's "Rush".

In Rush, you could fold, but not change tables, so you could take notes on what another player did.

Until it is possible to observe play after you've folded, I don't think it is viable.

From what I saw, there was a lot of people fast folding everything except premiums, so I did fairly well just open raising ATC from MP3 onwards, and folding to most 3Bets
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      In rush, I think you had to sit out and fold, then you could observe the action after you folded, if you just folded then it still passed you on straight away. Does Zoom not have the sit out feature available?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      You can sit out, but if you do the other players all disappear.

Another odd behaviour is insta-shoving, and lots of limp-shoving.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Zoom has one element missing from Full Tilt's "Rush".

In Rush, you could fold, but not change tables, so you could take notes on what another player did.
      Hold CTRL while you click Fold.

Edit: edited for accuracy