Hello world

• Resilence
      Hello all.
      My name is Mikkel 31 years old.
      I just completed the quiz, and still feel very puzzeld about this new world i'm ventureing in.
      I'm quite happy i completede the quiz, but i'm scared that i'm far from any better.
      All I can say is, it's all very interesting, and so far pokerstratgey.com has been the best place for me to start this journey. very nice and througouh explanations.
      But i still have one big problem, I have doubts I will ever be able to remeber all these things to keep in mind, when to raise/call especially after fold.
      just hope with practice and more reading it comes to place.

and thanks for this awesome site <3
  • 11 replies
      Hello there resilience,

Welcome to the community!

Glad to read such an awesome introduction from you. At least you don't seem shy like some of our other beginners :)

So, you are enjoying our site and content then and a big congrats on passing the quiz! Not easy, it took me 3 attempts back in the day :D How many attempts did you have?

Regarding your doubts about remembering all this new information, it may be best to read over a section every day before or after playing. This way you keep refreshing your mind on certain topics. Just an idea ;)

If there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask as we are a friendly crew ;)

Best wishes,
    • RasTweet
      Hi Resilience

Welcome to PokerStrategy!

All the information get be a bit much in the beginning yes! I don't know what you are going to play (cash, SnG, MTT's, maybe even PLO in stead of HE!) but a good start for your career regardless of what you're planning to do is the No limit beginners course. In this course you will learn the basics of poker. The beginners course is given by a PokerStrategy Coach and you can ask him anything you want during live coaching sessions or just on the forum. Just have a look and see if you like it or not.
      No limit beginners course

• ExternalUseOnly
      And also there is nothing to stop you having the starting hand charts open while you play until you get a feel for it.

Like RasTweet said as well if you have some time and are serious about improving your poker game go check out the beginners course by following the link under my post

And remember there is no rush to learn every bit of information, the great thing about poker is it changes so much you learn new things everyday or every time you study. So take it as slow or as fast as you like :)

• roopopper
      Hello and welcome :f_biggrin:

• Resilence
      Thanks for all the nice replies, really made my day...
      but about being shy i don't know, still think i'm way to noob for all the slang :P
      But i'm definitely want to improve, and i'm likely to go the "populare way" texas holdem.
      And i was thinking about doing sng's in the future perhaps even a tournament when i feel confident enough "bankroll etc".
      And i will definitelytake a look at the beginners course.

Thx again for the replies, made me feel welcome :D

Woops forgot.
      I actually did the quiz in first attempt, might have been lucky on some of the replies, and yeah i've read alot alesewhere, but this site so far, have been the best for my understanding of how poker works.
      Still needs alot of work ;)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      Hey Resilence,

A noob with the terms? The bets way to get around this one is to become active in our community, you'll soon pick it all up :] Hopefully be seeing you around the boards!

Hows the poker been going?

Also, if you do get a little confused, don't be afraid to ask us, thats what were here for =)
    • Resilence
      A lil update...

I'm still winning more than I loose, which is a positive thing.
      But i'm still doing ALOT of rookie mistakes, just hope I keep heading into worse player then my self.
      And I need to play my hands better postflop, Veriz wasn't to kind on my hand evalutaion :P
      Theres just so much poker theory to process.
      Still think it's fun, and I think I'm studying hard, just annoying having to read the same article over and over again in order to fully understand it, but I guess thats how, I learn.

Thx for all the nice ppl in this forum.
      I've started a thread in the locker room, not sure if I've done all correctly, still awaiting some kinda feedback there, but I assume the poor Veriz is bussy on the board, he seems to have alot to work on (respect) :)

Best regard.
    • gadget51
      hey Resilence, hope you are well today.

I'm glad to see you've joined the beginners school and are posting hands for evaluation by the awesome veriz, well done for that! :)

Veriz is always nice, he's also a beast at hand evaluations so you can't go wrong with him. It's also great that you are studying hard and rereading articles over again. this is actually very important, especially at the start of your poker journey, to make sure it all gets 'stuck' in there! :D

By the way you're going you will be crushing them soon, just try not to get impatient when it goes wrong and you'll be fine.

Very best regards and have fun!

• Resilence
      ofcouse I had to post I was winning, and today I havn't done anything but loosing hands right and left.
      And whats up with the beginners room they are even more tight playing then anyone else o0.
      Today I played so tight I seriously think my brain was squeezing out of my nose :P and no cards came I could play on, and thoese that did I lost pair aces and kings to 3 of a kind gawd frustrating. Titan poker was not nice to me today :( atleast I got points all day from loosing to :rolleyes: .
      Hope I can figure out to join the coaching with veriz later, but right now it feels like the SHC is bugged (I know it isn't, just loosing is no fun, and I can't blame my self can I? *joke ofc*:P )
    • Resilence
      Don't read wall of text if you don't care the blue text is the important one thank you! :)

Thought it would be in it's place to post again, since things has turned around a bit :)
      I've almost gained back as much as I lost, so not much harm done, I guess.
      Yes it is very frustrating to loose, even tho I understand, this is part of poker, and the path you need to take in order to become better.

I did some more reading, was a bit scared to actually sit down at the tables again, but I guess it paid off, even tho I did tilt after a few hands, when I lost big. Decided to keep going and calmed down, and payed more attention to my opponements.
      I ended up having the biggest stack of them all before I left, took 3 hours tho, but the hands did came after a while :)

Have I learned anything?
      Yes, you have to be very patient, not one of my strongest attributes, but it did pay off.
      I figured out it doesn't matter that you loose your blinds 10 times in a row, because when you get that hand you dream of, you can catch people, and make them pay it back, hehe.

And yes was vry good to watch veriz coaching, even the podcasts where a good way to learn, and yes I have ALOT of way to go still.
      I will beat the micro's, even if it takes 5 years :P
      It's fun to play poker, but more fun to win. Even analyzing your game can be (fun) as you can see how stupid one play under preassure, maybe you can learn untill next time where your right and wrong is.

I have one question to the pro's, Should I invest in HEM2? And should I also invest in Leak Buster, or is that overdo'ing it as a beginner?

Thank you for whatever you may have to offer :D
      Regards Mikkel
    • gadget51
      Hi Resilence,

I would say if you can get softeware that helps you alalyze your game and your opponents game then go for it! :) Any positive edge is a good edge.
      Which tool is best for you is often a personal choice from what I've heard, I use Holdem Manager 2 and it does the job just fine for me.

Aslo, we have a fantastic offer on for Holdem Manager 2 at the moment, if you would like to click this link:

== Hold'em Manager 2: Special Offer for PokerStrategy.com Members! ==

It is also posted at the bottom of this reply is you prefer.

Finally, I think the most important text you posted is that you realise you need to work on your patience. :)