Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,2
      MP2:
      $12,63

0,03/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0,10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,35, BB folds, MP2 calls $0,25.

Flop: ($0,75) A:spade: , 9:club: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,5, MP2 calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,75) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP2 calls $1,00.

River: ($3,75) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,6, MP2 calls $1,60.

Final Pot: $6,95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a pair of aces (Ac 6s)
      Hero shows (Kh Kd)

MP2 wins with a pair of aces (Ac 6s)

Hello all ! About this hand and this opponent which is the correct play?Opponent miniraises from MP and after i saw elephant he never fold to 3bet.Although this 3bet isn t that big.About pf should i raise more against a loose opponent and a miniraise ?
      After the flop i cbet and 2nd barell the turn.Should i give up on river after 2 calls ? This guy could easy be on flushdraw on flop or straightdraw.
      Also the turn-river betsizes are small i think but i tried to loose as little as i could against Ax hands.Betsizes was wrong ?
      Thanks !
  • 7 replies
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      I know it's easy now to say, but you still have to be careful with KK... His PFR is 19 which cover a few options that you've mentioned, but his call on the turn should indicate that he probably has an A.

I wish I had W$SD at 80 like that guy. :f_biggrin:
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Thx for the reply !
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      Vs him I'd take bet flop, bet turn, c/f river line. He will call the turn with any draw or strong 2nd pair anyway so checking is a loss of value in my eyes and then it is an awkward spot on the river OOP.
      After his call on the turn he either has Ax or missed draw, and guys with such stats don't bluff missed draws all that often. I might consider c/c the river if I had notes or saw him doing similiar stuff.. But there are not many worse hands that call you on the river.

Imo
    • mallikarim
      mallikarim
      Bronze
      Given that he is a fish, its really hard to put him on a hand and its easy at the same time.Cause you know fish dont know shit they are doing.And min raise or limp call weak aces just cause they can.And they never fold it.

I think a check would be in order on the river, as you I doubt you get called by worse there.I doubt even for a fish that he is calling 3 barres with a 9 or an 8.

Tho you lost, you can now see what type of player he is so you can get a lot of value for the times you got him out kicked and other profitable situations.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello EnterG,

From how many worse hands do you expect to get called 3 streets? Don't like your line at all.

Best Regards.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i think you do not even know what you are trying to achieve.
      KK is a medium strength hand so you cannot bet and should check at some point in the hand
      1) Your hand is too strong to turn into a bluff (you beat all non AX hands)
      2) Your hand is too weak to bet for value (only AX hands will call you)

I would either check and call one or two streets,
      Or I would bet Flop and give up.
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Bet flop and give up is the best way i think mbml thx for the reply.i am traped in such situations sometimes because i see many people in low limits with middle pair calling until the end or never throw away pocket pairs.