[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Ak

• thug88
      thug88
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $21.44 (107.2 bb)
      SB: $29.77 (148.9 bb)
      BB: $21.01 (105.1 bb)
      UTG: $20.60 (103 bb)
      MP: $7.18 (35.9 bb)
      Hero (CO): $20 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A K
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, SB calls $0.50, BB folds

Flop: ($2) K 6 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BTN folds, SB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4

River: ($13) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $7.60, Hero folds

Results: $13.00 pot ($0.65 rake)
      Final Board: K 6 9 2 8
      SB mucked and won $12.35 ($6.25 net)
      Hero mucked A K and lost (-$6.10 net)

player 33/9 hands 55 no notes...
  • 4 replies
    • mallikarim
      mallikarim
      Bronze
      Disgusting river.He could easily have K10 of hearts + or sth like 107off of suit.
      He prolly wouldve raised a king, but we cant say that for sure.Depending on what cards you have seen him play.

Without some observations or notes, its pretty hard to put him on a bluff.He seems passive so I'm guessing he never bluffs such a river.Straights got there, flushes got there.Some random two-pairs ( 98o, 98s ) got there.
      Problem is you have to know or have seen how he plays second pair or such and if he ever gives it up.
      He never has a set here obviously.Unless a very badly played one.

Given the overcall I'm assuming he is in the K7s---->KQs range.Either that or some random mildly connected suited cards.

I think its a good fold.He's bet sizing doesnt scream bluff but value( IMO)
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      From the donk bet on the river the opponent i think he has a flush but not the nuts and maybe a straight.
      In both occasions you are behind.Your bet sizes looks big and its obvious you are making them to protect a hand.Tough but correct fold IMO after a flush or straight draw completed.
      He can even slowplay a set.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello thug88,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

I moved your hand to correct section. :)

About the hand I wouldn't play it any differently. You are most likely against a hand what beats you there and good fold!

Best Regards.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      it is probably a good fold, 75 and heart flush and T7 got there, maybe 98 as well.
      But if villain is capable of turning random made hands into bluffs you have to call. Don't forget you have the Ace of hearts which reduces a lot of his possible flush holdings.

I would call if villain seemed like an aggro fish because I think they are capable of donking in this spot with middle pair or a random KX. but against someone passive this is a clear fold.