This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH, AJo on A24 check to induce

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1676948
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $20.54
      UTG: $27.59
      Hero (CO): $31.85
      BTN: $20.91
      SB: $21.31

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is CO with J :diamond: A :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.70, BTN calls $0.70, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.70) 4 :spade: 2 :club: A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.10) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($4.10) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, BTN calls $1.80

Preflop open is pretty standard.

Villain is a 13/12 over 180 hands. On this dry board i dont think i will get much action from worse if i just bet out. And i only think i will get 2 streets of value maximum from this villain so i have no need to bet,bet bet. I instead check the flop to induce some semibluffs from all his pocket pairs.

turn is a brick and i check again to let him bluff at me again.

River isn't the best card but the only hands that card help is 33 and 55 so i decide to bet small for thin value vs some weaker aces and PPs.

How do you like my play?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Why do you Bet the river? If you turned your hand into bluff-catcher then rather Check/Call also the river. Or either just start betting the flop for value. ;)

Best Regards.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Well im not sure he will continue bluffing with 66-QQ here when he checks back the turn, also I'm almost never behind here so I bet to get a crying call from those instead of him just checking back.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny
      Well im not sure he will continue bluffing with 66-QQ here when he checks back the turn, also I'm almost never behind here so I bet to get a crying call from those instead of him just checking back.
      Well, of course it's possible to exactly in those spots if the opponent is a thinking player and is capable of bluffing, he could raise you. Pretty obvious that you trying to gain value there with Ax and block-betting. :)