DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $20.54
      UTG: $27.59
      Hero (CO): $31.85
      BTN: $20.91
      SB: $21.31

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is CO with J :diamond: A :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.70, BTN calls $0.70, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.70) 4 :spade: 2 :club: A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.10) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($4.10) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, BTN calls $1.80

Preflop open is pretty standard.

Villain is a 13/12 over 180 hands. On this dry board i dont think i will get much action from worse if i just bet out. And i only think i will get 2 streets of value maximum from this villain so i have no need to bet,bet bet. I instead check the flop to induce some semibluffs from all his pocket pairs.

turn is a brick and i check again to let him bluff at me again.

River isn't the best card but the only hands that card help is 33 and 55 so i decide to bet small for thin value vs some weaker aces and PPs.

How do you like my play?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Why do you Bet the river? If you turned your hand into bluff-catcher then rather Check/Call also the river. Or either just start betting the flop for value. ;)

Best Regards.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Well im not sure he will continue bluffing with 66-QQ here when he checks back the turn, also I'm almost never behind here so I bet to get a crying call from those instead of him just checking back.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny
      Well im not sure he will continue bluffing with 66-QQ here when he checks back the turn, also I'm almost never behind here so I bet to get a crying call from those instead of him just checking back.
      Well, of course it's possible to exactly in those spots if the opponent is a thinking player and is capable of bluffing, he could raise you. Pretty obvious that you trying to gain value there with Ax and block-betting. :)