[NL2-NL10] AQ call or fold

• punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Button ($5.50)
      SB ($4.70)
      BB ($3.40)
      UTG ($6.75)
      UTG+1 ($4.90)
      MP1 ($3.75)
      MP2 ($5.35)
      MP3 ($13.30)
      Hero ($2)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q. UTG posts a blind of $0.10.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.6, 3 folds, MP2 raises to $2.6, MP3 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.45

I am unsure if I played this correct - I suppose with $1.40 left I should of called - BUT was he limping a monster. WHY such a big re-raise. NO STATS as I just sat down. I played 40 more hands after this one and he never did this again. I think AQ is pretty crap against a big re-raise, so I am happy with my play, as it was my first hand in. With AA KK and AK I would of called.
  • 4 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      i fold here i don't like to call with AQ pre-flop (All IN):D
    • dirtyibis
      dirtyibis
      Bronze
      What is the point in raising if you are not prepared to go all in pf as ss? Isn't the whole point of shortstacking to get it in with a tight hand range?
      I would have put him on a low-medium PP since he knows you are ss and thinks he has sufficient equity to just get it in without playing around. I would do this same play with 99-JJ, AK vs short stacks when i limp in sometimes, depending on whether everyone else folds and ss position. I fold my small pps and smooth call KK and AA vs shorties heads up. I think you should call this one after already getting 1/3 of your money in
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dirtyibis
      What is the point in raising if you are not prepared to go all in pf as ss? Isn't the whole point of shortstacking to get it in with a tight hand range?
      I would have put him on a low-medium PP since he knows you are ss and thinks he has sufficient equity to just get it in without playing around. I would do this same play with 99-JJ, AK vs short stacks when i limp in sometimes, depending on whether everyone else folds and ss position. I fold my small pps and smooth call KK and AA vs shorties heads up. I think you should call this one after already getting 1/3 of your money in
      If he knows i am playing SS he has to have a V good hand then - doesn't he. As I said i played 40 odds hands and raised up a few more times after he limped and he NEVER came after me again. So I am pretty sure he was limping a BIGGIE

If it had not been one of the first hands I played i would of probably called - as SSS says i should with my stack size.

Thanks for the thoughts,

paul
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Since you´re getting 3.33:1 here ($2/$0.6 = 3.33) and their is dead money in the pot, you have to call here, according to the strategy.