UTG raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.75) K:club: J:spade: 4:heart:

UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2

TURN ($7.75) K:club: J:spade: 4:heart: 6:diamond:

UTG bets $5.52, Hero calls $5.52

RIVER ($18.79) K:club: J:spade: 4:heart: 6:diamond: 8:spade:

UTG bets $11.50, Hero folds

UTG wins $17.86

UTG is 17/14/2AF/ C-bet 100% (4 cases) / turn c-bet 67% (3 cases) in 70 hands.

He had not raised yet in EP so I thought I don't want to get 4bet, therefore I flat pre. Another strong reason for flatting is that there was aggro LAG in blinds against who I would be happy to shove once he squeezes.

Now, I know this is very weak play.. But I did not come up with a better idea. I guess raising flop or turn folds outs worse and leaves me against better hands.
      On the river... Yes, my hand is under-represented, but his sizing and timing looked strong... My instinct told me I'm beat. You know that feeling when you don't want to call at all? :) There are not much worse hands there. Just KQ.

Too weak?
      Thank you.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you have to decide on the turn if you want to call him down on blank turn or put him basically on AA+ and make your hero fold. I would go to showdown there 100%, since he would valuebet the same amount with AK, he has sometimes in his range KQ, and some bluffs like AQ or AT, or QTs+ you get really good odds. Sometimes it is better just to looks the odds and make crying call than fold to find out yourself thinking if you made correct fold or not.

You should have there enough KQ or maybe QQ hands to fold against 3-barrel

Best regards,