Dutch Poker Legislation

• OutOut
      OutOut
      Basic
      Hi all,

I am considering moving to Holland soon, but am unsure whether to make the move whilst online poker is so up in the air (it is my main income).

Would appreciate any info anyone has on any upcoming legislation that may be passed over there.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there OutOut,

Unfortunately we don't have a Dutch representative here today, it being their bank holiday.

We will pass this on to them and they should reply as soon as they return tomorrow, ok?

I don't know of any near future legislation that would restrict your play though, but that is my unqualified opinion only.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful,

Regards,

Mal
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OutOut
      Hi all,

I am considering moving to Holland soon, but am unsure whether to make the move whilst online poker is so up in the air (it is my main income).

Would appreciate any info anyone has on any upcoming legislation that may be passed over there.

Thanks
      Hi OutOut

I'm from Belgium, so I don't know whats going on in Holland regarding to poker. I don't know if you speak dutch, if you do go and ask the dutch community whats going on.

I thought I read somewhere that Yoghi (A PokerStrategy black member) moved to England because of the taxes he had to pay in Holland.

Best of luck with moving/not moving.
      And best of luck at the tables!

Regards
      RasTweet
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Don't think it would be a problem asking the Dutch community in English either OutOut as the vast majority of Dutch people have excellent English and will be glad to assist you in any questions you have.

Link to Dutch "general poker discussion" forum below in case you can't find it.

http://nl.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1657
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Thanks Ian and RasTweet for the excellent information provided above :)