[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH. AJo vs fishy donkbets.

• Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($99.97)
      BB ($99.52)
      Hero ($50)
      UTG+1 ($52.22)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($24.67)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: J:club:

Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $1

FLOP ($3.25) 8:diamond: 2:club: 4:diamond:

BB bets $1, Hero raises to $3.50, BB calls $2.50

TURN ($10.25) 8:diamond: 2:club: 4:diamond: A:club:

BB bets $2, Hero raises to $8.50, BB calls $6.50

RIVER ($27.25) 8:diamond: 2:club: 4:diamond: A:club: 7:heart:

BB bets $16, Hero calls $16

Opponent is 60/26/2AF/25% Donkbet in 43 hands.

Usually such donkbets mean a draw or weak made hand, therefore I decided to raise the flop this time, even though I do not do it always. What is generally the best line to take in these spots?

I like the turn card and consider myself ahead very often, so once again, I raise for value.

I don't like to see such a bet from him on that river, but given that he is fishy (they sometimes decide to do fancy things with missed draws) and I get good odds, I made the call.

Ty.
  • 3 replies
    • Rastlin1
      Rastlin1
      Bronze
      curious to know but did he have 56 here?
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      He had A :diamond: 7 :diamond:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pkrpains,

Flop: How often do you see such a guy even folds any draw or PP? If you think he has a very wide range and maybe even just Ax hands why not just call and reevaluate it on the further actions? We keep the pot smaller by that. Especially if he is rather towards not continuing like a maniac. But of course if you expect him to have a lot draws in his range and expect vs that range to even raise for value + protection should be also fine although thin.

As played
      Turn: Not much to add, it definitely it's towards a block-bet which tries to draw.
      River: Although whatever it is I don't like your Call here, cause now even some draws completed and of course 2pair combos possible as 78 or whatsoever. You are most likely beat here. What do you think what is donking here after your raise on flop & turn?

Best Regards.