$2.85
      BU:
      $15.38
      SB (Hero):
      $12.28
      BB:
      $7.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, Q.
      CO folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) 9, 2, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.5) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

River: ($3.7) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.7.

villain 31/27 13.3(3bet)af 1.1 turnagg44% cbet 60 ftcbet 0 ft3bet= ? 55hands

OK so here i decide not to 3bet because i think he is not folding enough pf or vs cbet on flop,but still i`m ahead of his range so i call.

Flop - easy call,i don't think i could get much with a raise not making any worse hands to fold there

Turn - because of his big agg on turn i decide to call a second street,because that 3 probably didn't change much of his hand and he might be just second barreling...

River -can't see how to call this with QJ,can't see him bluff 3 streets with air,or value bet QT

Question - any batter way to play this hand in such a spot?
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      What do you mean he is not folding enough? If he calls 100% of what he opens on the button you can easily 3bet for value. That said, calling preflop is OK without good info on villain.

With the stats you have given I usually 3bet preflop.

As played, you did get into a tough spot where considering the average aggression of NL10 players it's a close call on the turn and a fold on the river. If you had more info on the specific player you can look for alternative lines.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Preflop: I don't mind even the Call here but what about BB guy? What about his squeeze? What kind of opponent are we against. Might be better to just 3bet. Also how confident do you feel playing such hands OOP? Do you have postflop plan vs the opponent you are flatting against?

As played
      Postflop: Rather fold it on the turn, not really worth calling there and trying to bluff-catch vs him.

Best Regards.