Probably should have said hello before

• JimmyChooEsq
      Hello all.

I'm Jimmy. I'm 36 and from the south west of England. I've been lurking for quite a while. I first signed up for the $50 bonus and wisely chose to put it with Full Tilt and lost it all.

I then got a second $50 that I put in Party Poker. I played a bit and then got distracted by a house renovation and a wedding. Checking my balance, my $50 had expired and I was left with $5. :( I then managed to lose most of that through some hands that I'll post up in the hand analysis.

I'm playing more seriously now, rather than messing about as I was before. I'm currently playing Full ring 0.01/0.02 NL. I intend to blow my last few dollars there before figuring out how I somehow seem to be over and under agressive post flop at the same time. :D

• 2 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      Hey JimmyChooEsq,

Welcome back :)

Seems like you've been very unlucky with our Capitals :( You can also claim a few of the smaller ones within my Signature if you need :)

You seem like a perfect candiate for our NL Beginners course too!
      The course will help you grasp the basics on Poker using the BSS(Big Stack Strategy) where you join the table with 100Big Blinds.
      You will start of by creating your own "Locker Room" thread where you introduce yourself to the School & Coach, this is also used to post your future homework tasks into, for marking.
      You can also use the Locker Room thread for any questions you wish to ask the schools Coach, such as:
      :diamond: 3 Players have limped/called, I have 6 :heart: 7 :heart: , what should I do and why?
      :diamond: How can I avoid Tilting so much?
      :diamond: How do you define a "Loose" Player
      Ask absolutely anything! There is no such thing as a stupid question :)

Once you have your Locker Room thread created, you can begin the learning! We have 8 Lessons for you to study, along with a Homework task with each. You will start out learning "An Introduction to Texas Holdem" & "Your Poker Mindset", you'll then move on to various subjects as you progress through the course such as "Postflop Play" and "Odds".
      There is no rush to complete each lesson, you can take as long as you wish, or even as fast as you like! :]

The course will point you in the right direction, aiming you towards the most appropriate Articles & Videos suitable for a Beginner, you'll also be able to attend our Live Coaching Sessions hosted by our School coach Veriz. In this you'll be able to watch the Coach Play Micro Limits in Real Time, see how he plays, ask him why he plays specific hands in different ways.

This should get you back on track with that Poker Career :D

Hope to see you posting and getting involved within the community!

If you have any questions, or anything your unsure about, feel free to ask us! :)
    • JimmyChooEsq
      Thanks Matt. I'll head over there now.

Regarding the bankrolls, I don't think it was bad luck. I wasn't in a position to exploit them at the time so it's my own fault. Call it a lesson learned purchased. :D