Changing from 5Nl to 10NL

• Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      So i've managed to get my 250 BR and now im going to start on 10 NL, My question is weather i should carry to 4 table like i doing in 5NL and make constant money or i should start of 2 Tables or even 1 Table? .Thanks.
  • 6 replies
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      Depends totally on you. If you feel ok about increased amounts of money at the tables, are not scared and feel comfortable, go ahead and play your standard 4 tables.

A good idea might be to mix stakes, like 2 tables NL5 and 2 tables NL10. This is what I usually do when moving up stakes. Helps to maintain your solid A game and to not make changes only because the limit is higher, which is a big and common mistake. The game is the same, the fish is there, only thing different is that, as always when moving up, some people might be slightly better than @ your former limit.

Best of luck.
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi dude,
      I'm interested if you are playing FR or SH(6MAX)??
      Also which site?
      I'm at Pokerstars and should be doing the NL5 NL10 FR step at the end of the month if I can keep up my volume/BR.
      Good luck.
      Hit the forum and let us know how you go and what choices you made as to table selection/Number of/Level diferences.
      Peace
      Simon
    • YaMIzNoGouD
      YaMIzNoGouD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pkrpains
      Depends totally on you. If you feel ok about increased amounts of money at the tables, are not scared and feel comfortable, go ahead and play your standard 4 tables.

A good idea might be to mix stakes, like 2 tables NL5 and 2 tables NL10. This is what I usually do when moving up stakes. Helps to maintain your solid A game and to not make changes only because the limit is higher, which is a big and common mistake. The game is the same, the fish is there, only thing different is that, as always when moving up, some people might be slightly better than @ your former limit.

Best of luck.
      Couldn't have said it better. I agree especially on try to mix stakes when starting to move up. It definitely helps you get comfortable.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pkrpains

Best of luck.
      Great advice
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Xeonz123,

If you beat NL5 playing 4 tables, then play NL10 with 4 tables. Don't change anything unless you know it is effecting your game. You can clearly play 4 tables well, or you wouldn't have been able to move up the limits.

If you drop 3BI's or so, then drop back down, grind back up the $250 and give it another shot ;)

This thread is quite old now, any news for how it went Xeonz123?

@surfwell1818

Your best chance of finding the right Poker Room for your needs is to post in the following thread :)

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!