HUD stats visibility to others

• FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Silver
      If I don't run a HUD during a session, will the opponents still see my stats if they have their HUD on?

Is there a way that opponents can not see my stats while playing? I noticed some players do not display stats on some occasions?
  • 14 replies
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      No the huds are independent for each person. If you don't have a hud it will make no difference to anyone elses hud.
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FruitNinja
      If I don't run a HUD during a session, will the opponents still see my stats if they have their HUD on?

Is there a way that opponents can not see my stats while playing? I noticed some players do not display stats on some occasions?
      Think about your post please. How does your tracker create the HUD? Right, the tracker imports the HHs from the room and read it into a database. If your tracker doesn't run, the other players will still have the HHs from the room with your nick.
      There is no chance to hide it. :)
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      Originally posted by FruitNinja

Think about your post please. How does your tracker create the HUD? Right, the tracker imports the HHs from the room and read it into a database. If your tracker doesn't run, the other players will still have the HHs from the room with your nick.
      There is no chance to hide it. :)
      How about you think about your post. Not everyone understands how the HUD works.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Let's all keep the tone a bit friendlier please.
    • Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      As mentioned above, HUDs collect their statistics from the hand histories. Your stats are collected by the villain, so there's nothing you can do about that.

The only option to hide your statistics is to go to a room that is not supported by HUD software. But that usually means you cannot use your software to review your sessions as well.
    • FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Silver
      Hello mute20 and Silicernium,

Thanks for the clarifications! I just thought this stats were computed on the fly as more hands are played :D

I don't have much edge with the game and with my stats showing I'm sure I am exploited even more, but I guess HUDs are here to stay.... X(

have a good day! :D
    • FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Silver
      Originally posted by Borr
      As mentioned above, HUDs collect their statistics from the hand histories. Your stats are collected by the villain, so there's nothing you can do about that.

The only option to hide your statistics is to go to a room that is not supported by HUD software. But that usually means you cannot use your software to review your sessions as well.
      Everybody playing without a HUD I think that would be fun :D Though I don't think many sites (or the popular ones, Stars, PP ...) offer the HUD free environment though...

Thanks!
    • Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Silver
      in some sites u can play anonymous tables this should help u if u don't want other ppl. to see your stats.
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      I don't believe that HUD is going to help a lot if you play few tables, without prper number of hands collected.
      Major sites won't ban them because multi table grinders won't be able to focus enough without them. Less tables, less rake.....
    • FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Silver
      Originally posted by Mopenza
      in some sites u can play anonymous tables this should help u if u don't want other ppl. to see your stats.

just wondering which sites would these be?
    • Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FruitNinjajust wondering which sites would these be?
      Apparently Bodog and Microgaming support anonymous tables to a limited extent:

Microgaming announces expansion of Anonymous Tables
    • ezeras
      ezeras
      Bronze
      Originally posted by doctorkgb
      I don't believe that HUD is going to help a lot if you play few tables, without prper number of hands collected.
      Major sites won't ban them because multi table grinders won't be able to focus enough without them. Less tables, less rake.....
      Less fish with huds too... Less fish = less playing players = less rake :P
    • FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Silver
      Originally posted by Borr
      Originally posted by FruitNinjajust wondering which sites would these be?
      Apparently Bodog and Microgaming support anonymous tables to a limited extent:

Microgaming announces expansion of Anonymous Tables
      Thanks for the feedback.

The article also showed PP has some! Checked them out and found them, though it starts at NL50 headsup (my whole BR :D ) . May try Bodog later....
    • FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Silver
      Originally posted by doctorkgb
      aah, the grinder, vital to the poker ecosystem ...