Push/Fold quizzes for SNG beginners

• danhyoo
      danhyoo
      Basic
      an intro i made about myself earlier. i miss online poker

Here's also some stats of my most recent hu games on absolute poker.
      https://i.imgur.com/4Iav5.png

I'm just a US guy who has some free time and is willing to post hand scenarios that tests your push/folding skills with 20 big blinds or less. The purpose of this quiz is to improve your skills in knowing what range to shove, fold, or call with. I will be providing the opponents range %, a piece of information that depends on your hand reading skills. Hand reading is another beast that I'll discuss at another time. For now, I'll start off with only 1 player(HU) and increase the number of players and difficulty as we progress. Here's an example:

You're effective big blinds is 5.
      You are on the button with _ _.
      You've seen him shove lightly so we'll assume his calling range is top 45% or Ax,Kx,J9+,Q8+.

What range do you shove with?

Your answer should look like one of these:
      Any ace, any k, q9 or better, any pocket pair
      Ax,Kx,Q9+,22+
      top 35%
      Any 2 hands
      Only aa kk or ak

Then I would comment on each of your answers, and post my answer towards the end of the day. Or just use a spoiler link whichever you guys prefer. If you guys have any ideas for improvement, do not hesitate to comment. i wont get butthurt. Let me know if you guys like this idea, then I'll try to come up with questions to post. :f_love:
  • 7 replies
    • ipeaceonu
      ipeaceonu
      Bronze
      I would be shoving 100% if I knew he was calling at 45%.
    • danhyoo
      danhyoo
      Basic
      I purposely chose 35% to show the different format of the answers. Yes, you should shove your entire range though.
    • ipeaceonu
      ipeaceonu
      Bronze
      Yeah, sorry I missread the original post so edited mine. Probably at the same time you was answering.
    • danhyoo
      danhyoo
      Basic
      Yea I understand it was my fault. I reedited it.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      great idea. will follow the thread.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Great idea, danhyoo,

go go go! I also read the intro about yourself! You seem like a really solid player. You can also share your opinion in the hand evaluating forums! I think that would be beneficial for both posters and you! I will add a link:

HU SnG Evaluations

MTT up to 11$ evaluation forum

SnG up to 5$ Evaluation Forum

These are all available for your status! Hope you enjoy.
    • danhyoo
      danhyoo
      Basic
      I'll start off with 4 scenarios. If people like this, let me know that you do and I'll add more hands.

Your effective big blinds is 10.
      Your opponent seems like a fairly tight multitabling reg. He seems to have solid tilt control and does not seem too wild when heads up. His calling range seems to be about 25%, or 33+A3+KJ+.

This opponent is a wild, losing maniac and you have seen him call a 20bb shove with QTs. You just won the last 3 pots so he's probably on raging tilt. His calling range seems to be 40%, or 22+,Ax,Kx,Q9+,JT+.

You are in the big blinds with _ _.
      This opponent is a solid, multitabling reg who is neither tight or aggressive. You've seen him call a 10bb shove in the bb against an aggressive button with A9o. We put his shoving range to be about 40%, 22+,Ax,Kx,Q9+,JT+.

What range do you call with?

Same scenario as 3. However, this opponent is a maniac who also shoved into you the last 2 hands heads up. Let's not assume he shoves EVERY hand, but maybe about 60% of his hands, 22+,Ax,Kx,Qx,J6+,T8+,98+.

What range do you call with?

Answer these questions with your range and thought processes. It would be cool if you can spoiler your answer so others do not accidently read your answers but I'm not sure how to do it as I'm a forum donk. Also, veterans and coaches of sngs, advice, comments, anything would be SUPER appreciated. I'll post my answers after a couple responses.

BTW, I'm using a SitNGo Wizard chart to find out what X% of hand ranges are. I'm sure there are other free softwares out there but this is what I am using ATM.