PT3 update for 888

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I recently downloaded the latest PT3 update and I can now preselect my preferred seat from within PT3. This should mean that the HUD starts in the right place every time.

My question to those who use PT3 on 888 is where on the table do the seat numbers start?

PT3 asks me to define my preferred seat by selecting a number.
      888 asks me to select my preferred seat by selecting a seat on a pictorial representation of a table without seat numbers!

I know that seats are numbered from the dealer button but on 888 each tourney table gets a card draw prior to the start to see who will be dealer so there is no predetermined button to count from.

On the cash tables there is no "dealer" seat either.

Any imput would be apperciated

Cheers
  • 6 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey Fagin,

It's been a long time since i played at 888 so i can't really remember stuff like this i would guess however that the table numbers start in the top middle or top right seats and work around clockwise (just because this is how it has been at other sites i've played at)

If not then you could always just launch one table to start with and use it as a test for seating positions should only take a few hands to find the right seat and then it will be sorted.

Hope this helps

Carl
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi Carl, thanks for the reply.

My preferred seat is centre bottom of the table. I have tried setting PT3 to seat 5 and that is completely wrong on the cash tables but perfect on the tourney tables ?????

I will experiment for a while but it can take most of an orbit for PT3 HUD to sort itself out anyway so I end up having to play (note that if I sit out the HUD will be wrong for me anyway) for a couple of orbits and it is a lot of hassle on a very bad day for me anyway.

I may try again tomorrow.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I auto sit on the left side of a 6max table. I've set this to seat 5. I've had some issues getting the HUD correct despite this, but I've found that when I hit the "Treat as>6max" under the PT3 menu widget on each table, that I seem to end up with the HUD in the correct place.

Hope this helps. :)
    • Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      888 seat numbering works clockwise starting at the top-middle.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      @Borr - I thought that too but using that as a starting point I should be in seat 5.

I tried seat 5 and that was all wrong.

I tried seat 9 and that was wrong also.

I have finally figured it out and with my preferred seat in the centre bottom of the table and PT3 set at "seat 1" I somehow get the HUD to appear in the correct place.

I have no idea if the seat number is right just so long as it works, which so far it seems to be doing.
    • Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      Hehe, as long as it works! :)

Good luck on seat 1!