DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $22.21
      Hero (CO): $20.20
      BTN: $20.00
      SB: $20.10
      BB: $29.57
      UTG: $24.44

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is CO with J :club: A :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, 1 fold, SB raises to $2.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.60) K :club: 2 :diamond: T :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80

Turn: ($10.20) T :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.00, SB raises to $15.10, Hero folds

So this guy has been 3betting me alot this session hand his total 3b% is 9.1 over 1.5k hands. I decide to call given i have a decent hand and i play in posistion. I'm not sure wether he is 3betting a polarized or a linear range but i have 44-48 equity vs both of them.

On the flop i find a gutter + 1 overcard with a backdoor flushdraw. His c-bet in 3bet pots is 93% over 15 hands and his overall c-betting % is 92%. So I really cant find a fold here.

When he checks to me on the turn i bet out since i really dont have anything. And i dont want to see a showdown.

So what do you think of my play? Fold preflop? check back turn to take it down on the river?
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I think calling pre is ok, cause if his overall 3bet is 9.5, he most likley 3bets even more against a steal.

I think raising flop could also be an option with your gutshot, overcard and BDFD. Then you could shove any A, club or Q turn and go for potcontrol on J turn.

I dont mind floating here If villain does give up turns and also against a wide range A high actually beats all the air in his range, so I think that getting to showdown is not that bad option at all.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you had A high flushdraw then I would likely your float a lot more, since then you can shove also on club turns. As played I think raise/folding flop would likely be the best option. You likely can´t call again on blank turn and it would put him very though spot if he has there Tx, QQ, JJ or lower pp-s.
      He would ofcourse shove his draws but very likely he would barrel again, so I think you don´t loose that much by raising as bluff.
      But if you raise that board with AJ you should also raise with KQ and maybe even KJ to balance out all the times if you have air or draws, since other cases he would also start shoving there AQ putting you on draw or bluff

Best regards,