Back to the Grind

• sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Well it's been a while! More then I can remember really. I just started playing on-line poker again after the generous people at Party Poker offered up some "come back and play cash" so I've taken the $10 and started hitting the NL4 tables. It was a bit rough getting back into the swing of things. My Pokerstrategy status dropped back to bronze from gold that's how long it's been so I've basically re-formatted my brain and began reading some of the material all over to familiarize myself with the SSS/MSS. Its tough reading something you've already read over and over, but I've learned in poker, it's never enough to keep studying the game and even going back to the basics.

So that's what I've done, back to the basics and it's been a positive experience really. I work shift work so coming home at 4am (like today) I got nice and cozy in my chair tonight and decided to put in 2hrs of grinding and I'm very pleased to say I did very well tonight and I'm sitting over $21 at the moment. It was a good session, a few downers where some cards weren't holding but sticking to the aggressive style I was actually getting paid off on my hands.

I've found using the mid stack strategy for steals and resteals chart very helpful as I was taking it down Preflop and/or when the flop came down using the other helpful charts like the post flop really got things going and getting paid off when I should be. Of coarse with all the positive there were negatives, but I managed to use them as positives. I made some calls in which the feeling in my stomach said NO, but there's a part of you that just wants to confirm your feeling and note it for next time. Of coarse those calls I really had to have at least pot odds I had to call. The villian(s) tonight some where playing very odd and were basically donating to the table so I took those reads and tells and used them to my advantage (for once!!)

Anyhow, it's been fun getting back into the swing of things and I'm sure there's going to be a moment where I'm going to hit a low, but... sticking to the basics and hopefully reaching silver status to unlock some more goodies to use I'm very much looking forward too.

See you at the tables and hopefully I can write more to my "back to the Grind" blog!!
  • 1 reply
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey sokoi, welcome to the Blogging World! :D

How come you have chosen to play SSS/MSS? So that you have more Buy ins? :]

How is the 2hour Per day coming along also? Hope your making some much needed $$!