[NL20-NL50] Nl50sh TT 3bet pot.

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Villain is 21/18, 3bet BB vs steal 17%, fold to 4bet 75%. Cbet 3bet pot 52% and If stats are correct, havent cbetted the turn in 3bet pot yet. wtsd 18, w$@sd 58%

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($36.33)
      BB ($51.50)
      UTG ($52.27)
      CO ($19.88)
      Hero ($166)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.25) 9:diamond: 5:spade: 9:club:

BB bets $5.25, Hero ?????
      Since villain 3bets so much, call should be standart. I dont 4bet/call cause even thou he 3bets a lot, he also folds a lot to 4bets and I havent seen him stack off light in similar spots.
      The flop is very dry, but I also dont like to see any J,Q,K,A turn and I dont really know what hands he polarises his 3bets with, is it Ax or SC type hands.
      I think raising is quite bad cause I basicly turn my hand into bluff and dont expext him to call with worse.
      Should I just ch/c and then reevaluate on turn and expect him to play straight forward on the turn and river?
  • 6 replies
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      flop agg % is very useful here.

Some regs will snap jam basically anything vs a flop raise here.

As played vs such a high 3bet I keep clicking call on most run outs, until all the money is in the middle

Vs a guy with such a high 3bet i would be 4betting pre and fist pump calling a jam
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      His AFq 39/29/16

He joined the table few orbits ago, so there were no dynamics between us, and as I said I've never seen him jam lighter then JJ+ AK, what makes it a 4bet/fistpump call :)
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      His flop Agg % doesnt look high enough to start spazzing with KQ if we raise then.

Come on though, if this guy is 3betting 17% he is definitely going broke with worse then Ak/JJ and he is certainly 5bet bluffing.

Otherwise we could just 4bet bluff him 100% of the time and show a profit. If hes 3betting 17% and only going broke with 3% (AK and JJ+) of that range then he folds 83% of the time. Our 4bets only need to work around 60% of the time to show a profit.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Definitely look in to that, I think a lot of regs at nl50 have widened there 3betting range but havent adjusted their 5bet one, myself included. But there's no point adjusting when I dont feel like people exploit that.
      I think there was a video about 5betting, that could be a good start to understand things better.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think call pf is fine. You can of course always 4-bet and call shove, but if you have no reads that player would shove there worse pp-s or air then there is really no point isolating against better hands.

I would rather wait that situation where I get my overpair or set and then would raise his c-bet to 11$. He would never going to get away his worse pp-s and likely would shove over your raise, also he might shove there AK/AQ, since you´re not reping anything by raising that flop and for that reason you should make there small raise :)

Should I just ch/c and then reevaluate on turn and expect him to play straight forward on the turn and river?
      No, he would bluff/valuebet on scare cards, barrel on blank turns, would sometimes go pot control if he hits his hand and so on. I think you´re a lot better shape if you raise flop and playing for stacks rather than see turn card (J, A, K, Q) are all bad cards for you (likely you have to call on J, Q, K turns) and can fold A turn (although he would bluff there close to 100%) Just his 3-betting range has so much Ax hands.

best regards,
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Vs this guy I'm only 4betting QQ and AK. I will slowplay JJ/KK/AA/TT/99/AQ for sure since you are losing value with these hands by 4betting. Just bluff him nonstop with 4bets.

Post-flop if you think he spazzes AK/AQ (never thinking you are capable of raising for thin value) then raise this flop. If not call and evaluate future streets, fold on Ace on Turn or River probably. Call 1 or 2 more bets depending on what his frequencies for bluffing are.

I think this guy uses a lot of 1 street aggression meaning he just 3bets and cbets Flop a lot while giving up turn. So the best play is to call his 3bet (instead of turning your TT into a bluff and isolating against stronger) and then call once (expecting him to give up on his bluffs on most turns).