[NL20-NL50] Nl50sh QJo bluffcatch?

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Villain 25/13,leads turn vs missed cbet 33% (1/3) AFq 40/44/80, but only 134hands

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      hero (UTG) ($50)
      UTG+1 ($54.32)
      CO ($76.29)
      BTN ($49.57)
      SB ($49.50)
      BB ($33.50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) hero is UTG J:spade: Q:diamond:
      hero raises to $2, 4 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: 5:club: 3:spade: 2:club: ($4.25, 2 players)
      BB checks

Turn: Q:club: ($4.25, 2 players)
      BB bets $3.25, hero calls $3.25

River: 2:heart: ($10.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $8, BB folds

Final Pot: $2.75

BB wins $26.22 (net +$12.97)

hero lost $5.25

Should I blufcatch in this spot, cause I dont think I beat any part of his value range and I dont like his big sizing here.
      If im not planning on calling his river bet and there are a bunch of cards I dont like to see, can I consider folding turn, or is it just to weak?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

can´t see how you can show profit pre-flop by raising QJ from UTG if you check back and basically would give up pot that board. I would either fold pre-flop or take much more aggressive line postflop.
      I think turn is easy call, since he would vbaluebet there worse hands, as JJ, TT and also bluff his flushdraws. I would personally call him down. All the draws missed and you need to put him AQ+ to fold your hand- most players it look you have Ax (AK, AJ) with flushdraw so they would both valuebet or bluff quite frequently with worse hands

best regards,
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      QJo open from UTG is marginal and definitely needs a good reason (like weak blinds). I guess BB is kind of a fish so it should be alright.

Folding River is terrible because he might randomly 2barrel some air. What are you really scared of? The 2 on the River is like the best card in the deck for you besides another Q or J.

I agree with you not cbetting this Flop cos your fold equity is low.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I completly agree with everything here, OJo is a marginal open and actually the table conditions were nowhere near to good enough to justify it.
      I just randomly picked up these midsized pots and I see that even thou I only 6-8table max, there are these hands that are very badly played and the way I played doesnt match up with my thoughts reviewing them.
      I just post them here so I can get good advices and it maybe sticks to my mind more. :)