This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH, AT 3b pre.

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1681696
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $20.30
      MP: $16.34
      CO: $10.30
      BTN: $28.24
      SB: $38.08
      Hero (BB): $27.87

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BB with T :spade: A :heart:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.60, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.60, BTN calls $2

Flop: ($5.30) K :club: 9 :spade: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, BTN calls $2.80

Turn: ($10.90) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, BTN raises to $22.84, Hero folds

So villain folds a decent amount of the time(small sample) when he smooth calls i give him a range of TT-QQ, AJs, AQ, KQs

I think the c-bet is fine here given that he might fold out better aces, maybe even TT-QQ. KQs is obv not folding.

When he calls here his range narrows down to KQs, TT-QQ IMO. Therefore i fire another barrel here. to get him to fold TT-QQ and if he only calls w KQs pre thats only 3 combos. I'm not sure what he does w AK here really and obv if he is calling with that its a mistake to bet the turn.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Preflop: Being a bit deeper I might not even like the 3bet here at all. But rather maybe even flat and keep weaker Ax hands in the play if I know around him postflop and how to play against him.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to do, we can't really just CB once on the flop and hope him to fold his hand. Nice hand!

Best Regards.