[NL2-NL10] Nl6 Sh 77

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

15/15/1.0 only 13 hands so pretty much unknown.

Should/can I have a go at the pot on the turn? The A could be a scarecard but the A is also in his range.

Regards
      RasTweet

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.06(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.09)
      BB ($10.77)
      UTG ($7.24)
      UTG+1 ($3.09)
      CO ($9.75)
      Hero ($6)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 7:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.24, fold, BB raises to $0.66, Hero calls $0.42

FLOP ($1.35) 2:heart: J:spade: 3:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.35) 2:heart: J:spade: 3:heart: A:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.35) 2:heart: J:spade: 3:heart: A:diamond: 4:heart:

BB bets $0.90, Hero folds

BB wins $1.28
  • 8 replies
    • Zygiszs
      Zygiszs
      Bronze
      IMO fold it vs 3bet, because player are unknown. I think we cant play profitable against an unknown opponent in this spot
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zygiszs
      IMO fold it vs 3bet, because player are unknown. I think we cant play profitable against an unknown opponent in this spot

Hmm good point you got there! I'm just so used using the Call20 rule and I use it without really thinking about it. Well Call15 in 3bet pots.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • Zygiszs
      Zygiszs
      Bronze
      IMO we can't use Call15 rule vs 3bet.

According that rule you and your opponent both have at least 15 times the raise amount left in your stacks. Standard 3bet raise is 3x, so if you open 4BB, 3bet will be 12BB. 15x12=180 You and your opponent need to have at least 180BB stacks. And can you expect what good player with 180BB stack will go broke easy? with witch other hand you cold call 3bet?
    • numbnutter
      numbnutter
      Bronze
      Yeah I think folding preflop is best here. You don't get the odds for setmining, especially when you consider he might be 3betting you light quite a bit (this is a blind steal situation don't forget).

As played though, I'd take a stab on the flop there. Most of the time when he checks there it's to c/f, he doesn't really hit that board too well and if he has an overpair there he wants value from any J or flushdraw you might have.
      On the turn (if he calls) i'm probably barreling again on anything that isn't an overcard. I don't think it's worth betting the ace though as it hits his range way harder than yours.

On the river you definitely can't do much except fold. You beat nothing except 66 or KJ there really.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      IMO we can't use Call15 rule vs 3bet.

According that rule you and your opponent both have at least 15 times the raise amount left in your stacks. Standard 3bet raise is 3x, so if you open 4BB, 3bet will be 12BB. 15x12=180 You and your opponent need to have at least 180BB stacks. And can you expect what good player with 180BB stack will go broke easy? with witch other hand you cold call 3bet?
      He raises about 0.4 x 15 = $6 he needs to have left and he does have that left. Thats how I thought. Now I'm confused tbh

Regards
      RasTweet
    • Zygiszs
      Zygiszs
      Bronze
      Raise size is $0.66
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Raise size is $0.66
      Yes But I have to call 0,42 of that, I already invested 0,24 in the pot. Could be I'm miserably wrong! We'll see what Veriz sais.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RasTweet,

You are getting ~14,9:1 odds. So you are practically getting the Call15 rule so I don't mind your play at all. Although I guess you can take a stab on the flop and Bet yourself to protect from overcards.

Best Regards.