lorenzoa

• lorenzoa
      lorenzoa
      Bronze
      My name is Lorenzo, I'm 27 years old. I started playing poker a year or 4-5 ago. I work fulltime as a software engineer. Besides working and playing poker I like to go out and I do sports about 4-5 times a week, mainly fitness but also some swimming, running and biking, etc.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck lorenzoa,

Hopefully you will enjoy around here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

You can now start with your 1st Lesson:
      Lesson #1

The whole course plan:
      Overview of Beginners Course

Best Regards.
    • lorenzoa
      lorenzoa
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I like the game because of the competition, the complexity, diversity ... I like the strategic part, trying to solve the puzzle piece by piece. Trying to find the best solution for certain situations by using math.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Playing when I'm not focussed enough, playing too much certain periods, not spending enough time on improving my game

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Playing only a certain selection of hands and putting pressure on the opponent by playing aggressive. When you put pressure on the opponents they will make more errors, your money comes from the mistakes of your opponents and vice versa.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to not get distracted, just try always remind yourself. I have to close the browser(or whatever you have as distraction)! I am trying to win money here and make something for living not watching something on youtube (etc). This might work for some. Also train that on every session and at some spot you will get used to that. For yourself you might even have to find other way. But the best thing is to always remind what you came to do on table.

Playing too much isn't really bad, I mean how else you manage to get better? By playing more and more and trying to learn from them but which you don't do that much. In poker it's very important to keep also your learning progress no matter on what limit you play or how good you are.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.