Plo sickish hand

• rossd152
      rossd152
      Bronze
      2c/4c 6max plo on three kings.

Hero Jc,Jd,9c,4h utg limps. Action gets folded round to s.b who pots it. (Effective stack sizes are around 50-60 big blinds each. €2.40-€2.70). Flop comes A,7,3 rainbow, gives me backdoor clubs. villain bets pot and my thinking is he can either have aces or kings and its unlikely he pots it with aces as there's no real value in doing so and there's very little for me to call with. I min raise his bet and villain flats. I'm not expecting this as i am fairly confident he has kings and cant flat so i almost instantly shutting down on later streets. turn is a jack givin me the second nuts and completing a rainbow board. he checks and i check behind figuring if hes got aces hes calling and there isn't anything worse he's going to call with. River pairs the board and again villain checks. I now think i'm missing value by checking behind simply because i'm goin to stab this river in position majority of the time and he could possibly call with some hands. i bet 3/4 pot to go for close to max value and also look at bluffy, villan check raises all-in which is me all-in also and although i'm sick to my stomach i instantly see this as only aces and feel i have to fold which i do. Is this a hero or nit fold??
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by rossd152
      2c/4c 6max plo on three kings.

Hero Jc,Jd,9c,4h utg limps. Action gets folded round to s.b who pots it. (Effective stack sizes are around 50-60 big blinds each. €2.40-€2.70). Flop comes A,7,3 rainbow, gives me backdoor clubs. villain bets pot and my thinking is he can either have aces or kings and its unlikely he pots it with aces as there's no real value in doing so and there's very little for me to call with. I min raise his bet and villain flats. I'm not expecting this as i am fairly confident he has kings and cant flat so i almost instantly shutting down on later streets. turn is a jack givin me the second nuts and completing a rainbow board. he checks and i check behind figuring if hes got aces hes calling and there isn't anything worse he's going to call with. River pairs the board and again villain checks. I now think i'm missing value by checking behind simply because i'm goin to stab this river in position majority of the time and he could possibly call with some hands. i bet 3/4 pot to go for close to max value and also look at bluffy, villan check raises all-in which is me all-in also and although i'm sick to my stomach i instantly see this as only aces and feel i have to fold which i do. Is this a hero or nit fold??

Unfortunately we'll never know, however I believe folding or checking river best options. Key for me was raising in SB into UTG limper. If villain is any sort of player, he should rate UTG as being strong and shouldn't raise OOP
      unless he's super strong so I think AAxx. Worst hand I could place him on is if pair on board gave him a set, which to him would look quite strong to him on that board. There is a full house there on river, but after you checked turn, he may have thrown away idea you had set before river and therefore didn't put you on full house.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I moved this to the omaha discussion board.
    • rossd152
      rossd152
      Bronze
      Ya it really is a thin spot for value, leaving myself open to a bluff to by raising river which is possibly what happened. Clearly see why checking behind river is best option, very happy to go to showdown with what i'm fairly sure is the best hand, and if not i lose no more money.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Dont limp, open or fold. Fold on flop. Do not raise, but if you do the shove on turn. But if you dont, then shove river. Personally I think that nearly every decision in this hand was bad.