BTN: $12.23 (122.3 bb)
      SB: $10.48 (104.8 bb) 16/13/1.0/0.0/60/31
      Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb) 16/11/2.0/0.0/25/45
      UTG: $11.90 (119 bb)
      MP: $4.49 (44.9 bb)
      CO: $11.81 (118.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J J
      3 folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.40, BTN folds

Should I 3-Bet here or call for set mining? The guy was rather tight so I thought 3-Bet might be overplaying my JJ but I did have position on him and if he'd call my 3-Bet he'd have to play OOP and I'd have initiative. However if he 4-Bet after my 3-Bet I would be forced to fold and that would turn my hand into a bluff.

Flop: ($1.10) T 2 J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2.52, SB calls $1.72

Turn: ($6.14) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.98 and is all-in, SB calls $6.98

Should I have shoved here with both straight and flush draws completing. I shoved to protect my hand and I still had 10 outs for a Full House or Quads but given the situation is the shove a good idea?

River: ($20.10) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello maheepsangari,

Preflop: Kind of questionable while he seems to be rather tight player. He most likely wont be calling with a lot worse so therefore I don't mind even if you flat.
      Flop: Although I would definitely raise it bigger while the board is super-drawy, pot size would be $3,50 and therefore at least $3 and then just ship it on the turn.

As played
      Turn: Well, how many worse hands do you expect to Call you there? Only see some kind of PPs which have a draw in them. Even those hands will have really difficult time to Call. I might even just Check behind the turn and reevaluate it on the river.

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Wouldn't Check Behind on the turn be too passive? Say he has AsTx, AsJx, KsTx, KsJx or some high spade like that with a pair. Is it right to give him a free card on the turn? I shoved to give myself maximum protection.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Wouldn't Check Behind on the turn be too passive? Say he has AsTx, AsJx, KsTx, KsJx or some high spade like that with a pair. Is it right to give him a free card on the turn? I shoved to give myself maximum protection.
      Well, how many Jx combos do you see there? :) And in this spot I would rather tend to Check behind, he wont be betting with those hands anyways on river. We can always hit ourselves even FH and decide what we going to do. But meanwhile he will have even with those hands tough time to continue.