[NL2-NL10] KK Interesting River

• FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, I am curious to see what you think about this play on the turn on and the river to see if I played it optimally.

Thanks!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.36
      Hero:
      $4.1
      MP3:
      $4
      BU:
      $2.87

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.16, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.16, CO folds, BU calls $0.16, SB calls $0.14, BB folds.

Standard raise but I get lots of callers.

Flop: ($0.68) 9:heart: , 7:club: , 6:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.8, 2 folds, SB calls $0.80.

So here I make a large raise because the board is somewhat coordinated and there are many players in the pot. I think this play is fine.

Turn: ($2.28) J:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Looking back, I should have raised again here for more protection as he will most likely pay if he is drawing (as I believe he is due to his call on the flop). I remember I checked behind to hope to induce a bluff and maintain pot control although I think it is a bad move now due to him probably drawing.

River: ($2.28) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.08, Hero raises to $3.14 (All-In), SB folds.

I don't know if my shove is correct here but I think I should be safe with only a couple of hands beating me AND he checked the turn. Lots of weaker two pair and sets will pay me off. So is this hand played correctly or should I have bet the turn?

Final Pot: $6.50
  • 4 replies
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      imo you did miss a bet on the turn, but I think the river shove is fine since as you mentioned there are lots of hands that the villian is going to call you with that you beat :]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello FlashDavin,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Why do you over-bet the flop? You practically commit yourself if you get raised and wont get away. Rather make a normal CB.

As played
      Turn: 2nd barrel here and protect your hand, there are too many draws from we need to protect!

Best Regards.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Veriz- even with that many players in the pot on a draw heavy board you don't recommend at least pot size bet here for protection? So do you recommend 2/3 pot size?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      Veriz- even with that many players in the pot on a draw heavy board you don't recommend at least pot size bet here for protection? So do you recommend 2/3 pot size?
      3/4 or something similar would be my bet, near the pot. Making it exactly pot size or overbet it tells just true story about your hand and you can't balance it (not that we need to balance much but you still must get the idea why you do specific things).