[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH AQs vs 3bet

• DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Villain was 26/20, 3bets 10% from SB. He cbets 82%. We had an aggressive dynamic going on, he raised my flopbets a couple of times (I 3bet once). I think I 'm ahead here often so maybe a call on the flop is good. Turn I thought the K adds some FE.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Everest
      SB ($65.25)
      BB ($54.30)
      UTG ($53.10)
      Hero ($56.10)
      BTN ($36.50)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, SB raises to $5, fold, Hero calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.50) 2:diamond: 9:spade: 6:diamond:

SB bets $6, Hero raises to $15, SB calls $9

TURN ($40.50) 2:diamond: 9:spade: 6:diamond: K:spade:

[color=red]SB checks, Hero bets $36.10 (AI)
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lpdlamei,

As long you call preflop then there is practically no other way to play your hand. I would definitely ship the turn unless I have some more stats here. What kind of dynamics I had and how loose he is capable of calling, what's his WTSD/W$SD.

Best Regards.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I 'm at other pc now, so can't check his WTSD. Will do that later. He called me with 6 :club: 4 :club: . :f_confused:

You think I could 4bet/call this preflop? I guess with a crazy dynamic it 's possible (if he 5betbluffs sometimes).
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      just ship. You are shipping with your value hands anyway.

And you are being results oriented. It is good that we managed to keep him in the hand with his 64s crap. 4betting this when villain doesnt 5bet light or flat 4bets wide is just bad play. If you think he has low fold to 4bet% stat (<50%) then I prefer 4betting.

Anyway the way you played your hand looks really like AQs with Flush Draw and he played it fine against your hand. But take a note that he is a hero-caller and take this line for thin value in the future. I would raise Flop here with TT-AA after flatting pre and expect to get more value from his crappy pairs
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice. It's exactly the note/adjustment I made.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      If I raise this flop and get called I almost always check back turn.

I doubt anyone ever bet calls the flop and c/f turn
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      I 'm at other pc now, so can't check his WTSD. Will do that later. He called me with 6 :club: 4 :club: . :f_confused:

You think I could 4bet/call this preflop? I guess with a crazy dynamic it 's possible (if he 5betbluffs sometimes).
      Difficult to say without knowing any dynamics and have more stats here. Against some we definitely could be able to do that.

Especially if he is capable of calling so loose down you and you guys had some kind of dynamics then rather Check it behind on the turn. The idea of shipping the turn is practically hoping him to fold some kind of PPs as TT-JJ or whatsoever or 64s. :D