jaggedlink's BRain

• jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Started playing poker about 3(4?) years ago, turned $2 free-roll winnings + $9 transfer from a friend on Pokerstars into about $100 :s_cool: .

Then I had my first BR bust. Deposited $10 and brought it back to about the same and without any BR discipline, was back to busto soon enough. :s_frown:

Sufficed to say, over the last couple of years I have had a love-hate relationship with Poker, and with myself for not being more disciplined and tilting ALOT, spewing stacks left and right, always 3-4 levels above what I should be playing.

Even so, I've managed to just about break even with SnG and a few tournament final tables.

I've never really been a grinder per se, playing a max of 2 hours a day(more like 2hrs a week nowadays) and made a resolution this year to play smarter, with so little time, It's likely my best strategy to try to keep my BR at about $150 - $200 and cash out whatever I make on top of that as a BONUS for myself every month.

OH, Yeah, and to stop punting stacks off at 50nl :s_mad:

Anyways, wall of text ends here....for now :s_biggrin:

GL at the tables
  • 190 replies
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      First actual BR post...
      Sitting at ~ $140 on Stars / working on free deal at PKR for $20 and hopefully with more experience and a new mindset, I won't waste it like I did the starting $50 at Everest.

I used to play mainly 3.40 18's and 27's reg. speed on Stars. Had a 10% ROI when I was paying attention. Volume has always been a problem and Downswings would really suck the life out of the game for me.

For now I play a few HU $3-7 when I have a chance. Also, love the new "timed" $11's mostly 15min or 30min. And then there's 5 card Draw, which is SUUUPER SOOOFT and good for $10-$15 an hour.

So I pretty much just Snipe for now trying to "chip up" for some Gas Money!!

Not really paying attn. to BR guidelines 'cuz I play so little now. I'm gonna work on changing that.
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Played for about an hour after work yesterday, swoongy times :f_frown:

+ $10 at Draw(after being down $20)
      +$10 at 50nl
      -$7 HU SnG

BR at $152 and change

If only I had enough time for MTT SnG's
      Should prolly be working on Turbo's, never really done well in those.

Ok, Goal time:

1. 4 table $1.50 18man turbos when I have an hour or two to play.

2. Get ROI back to 10% and then 15%
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      UPDATE:

Tried out ZOOM tonight. Probably down about $5

nl 5 card Draw~ $even

50nl short HU + $15

BR= $162ish
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Update has been a while coming-had another crash :rolleyes:

Still have tilt issues resulting in some disgusting spew. Went down to about $40 and deposited another $100.

Running good atm and back up to $165ish + the $100 that I'll take out soon.

Also won a sattelite for $11 tourney dollars which I unregistered, but likely will use for this Sunday's Storm.

I just need to set myself a stop-loss and stick to it, then maybe I can beat the game and take fewer beatings= actual profit. :f_biggrin:
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      2hr. session finished off with $15HU win to be up 10ish
      Note: Supernova HU Player declined rematch. lol, he shoulda scoped me.

BR= $274 + $11 TD
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      It may be time to stick to a few games instead of playing all over the place.

Even for the day, BR = $285 X(
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      another swingy night- probably playing too tired, felt tilt creeping in

Managed to end the night up

BR = $301.90

Will be playing a live free-roll next Sunday / hope to run goot/ship it :]
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Managed to avoid weekend tilt/ was up to $320, but ended up...

BR= $309.81
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      A couple'a days with not much play, and of course not much pay..

1 set of 4 mixed 18-45man turbos at $1.50 / -$1.25

BR = ~$317
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      1 $3.5 HU win
      1 $1.5 45t XXX
      1 $3.5 18t 3rd
      some bad calls and then good hands at draw

BR = $328.xx
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      frikkin' 1/2 hour heads up at the end of a $3.5 18turbo!!

Anyways, BR= $337ish :f_ugly:
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      reg's 2nd BB at the table, it folds to me, and I think, meh, take a stab. When he 3 bets, BvB, I wanna see a flop. The turn and river play right into my hand. Question is, what's our plan on the flop if he bets(again, we're both new to the table...and I play without HUD) - thoughts?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $61.11
      MP: $12.03
      CO: $20.01
      BTN: $60.10
      Hero (SB): $62.33
      BB: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with J:heart: T:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $3.25

Flop: ($10.00) 4:spade: J:club: 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($10.00) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, BB calls $6

River: ($22.00) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11, BB calls $11
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      BR= $358.xx
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Why on Earth are you cold calling a 3 bet, out of position. Then on the flop with top pair poor kicker and a possible drawy board, you don't get any information. Really horribly played, you deserve to lose $$ on that one, although I assume you won the hand vs. a mid pocket pair or something like that?

Anyway, good luck, will be tracking your journal, your history and how you're playing pretty similar to me, except maybe I use better BR management and stick to the micros. I've played for around 4 years too off and on, a lot of MTT, SNG, draw games, cash games. At the moment concentrated on MTTs but putting in some SNG because of low volume on MTTs.
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Thanks, yeah I guess I try too hard to rationalize my fishy play. I could EASILY have been valuetowning myself. Lucky he showed up with a mid-Ace.

Idk, I feel kinda (uncomfortable?) at PS since the changes. Also don't have a set time to play anymore(used to be after work b4 wife got home, I'd have 2-3hrs).

Now we're home at the same time and It's hard to get the same focus, it's almost like starting over, but without the same passion for the game.

Never played more than 4 tables but now mainly 1-2. Just gotta stop frukkin' around, make some kind of a plan and stick to it....

Hmmm.... I seem to remember writing something about goals... :facepalm:
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Played a whole bunch of crap today. I definitely get my best value from 1 tabling 50nl, IF, I can stay off tilt and just play my game without loosening up too much.

BR= $375.70
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Cashed out $190.72

BR= $200

Live Freeroll today at local club!! Gonna go for breakfast and then register. :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jaggedlink
      Cashed out $190.72

BR= $200

Live Freeroll today at local club!! Gonna go for breakfast and then register. :D
      Ship it!
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Shipped!

"Unfortunately", they stop with 10 left to free up the tables for the next "paying tourney" So top ten take $100 each(I was about 3rd in chips at this point). Anyways $100 bucks for 1 1/2 hrs play :s_cool:

Funny :s_mad: story coming up at next work break...