new tell a friend system

• nikola1109
      nikola1109
      Bronze
      A complaint about how the relative new (since 06.12.2011) tell a friend system only waste my time and efforts without any respect and appreciation!!!

I started referring people to pokerstrategy very extensively (creating Facebook group, Facebook profile, sending mails and directly chatting with people for referring purposes etc.), and I manage to refer many new members. Also I encourage them to refer other people as well, which I understand that is very important for you!

I read the relative new tell a friend terms and conditions about the minimum Strategy Points that a referred member must gain in order for me to take the first level of the tell a friend bonus. The old tell a friend terms and conditions was $10 when my referral reaches 15 SP, another $15 when he reaches 100 SP…. and the new one is $25 when my referral reach 100 SP.

I am a pokerstrategy member for quite some time now and from all of my refer friends only one manage to gain above 100 SP and about 80% manage to gain above 15SP!!! YOU CAN SEE THAT THE LITTLE CHANG IN THE SISTEM HAVE HUGE IMPACT FOR ME AND FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PROMOTE YOUR COMPANY!!!

On the top of everything, your new 5x$10 starting capital (divided to 5 payments in 4 weeks) makes thing even harder for new members to gain SP!

ALL MY TIME AND EFFORTS GOEST IS FOR NOTHING (OR A LITTLE SOMETHING FROM A LITTLE FEW IN A VERY VERY LONG PERIOD OF TIME) COUSE OF THE NEW TELL A FRIEND SISTEM!!!

I as well as my referred friends will STOP referring in the future until the old system is back, and if this and the other (from other members) exponential growing losses are acceptable for your company’s system creators, then I want them on my table to play some poker!
  • 7 replies
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      amen to that brother.

Pokerstrategy say they are losing money on the 15 point tier where you get $10 for it however they do NOT realize the majority of people who are referring are taking the money they get from the refer a friend program and are playing on sites through pokerstrategy.com. You ain't losing money pokerstrategy.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi nikola,

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to our community, I see this is your first post.

While I understand your frustration, You need to understand that we made the changes to balance out the benefits for both parties.

We also discussed the pro's and con's in this thread: Major Improvements to Our Tell-A-Friend System

The new system offers a lot more incentive to referrals on a long run. The new change requires everyone to improve, us as a company to provide better educational material, the referral to find new ways to get players and improve their referred friends poker experience and newbies to play better and more. This also pushes everyone to the limit and to get better.

I know this isn't gonna make you all happy and bubbly but no matter how many times we try to explain we just never going to agree on one opinion. We appreciate all our users who refers a friend to us and hopefully the past few years showed a huge upside for all of you.

We're always open to hear your feedback, thank you again.
      Ingrid
    • nikola1109
      nikola1109
      Bronze
      Hi InqridN
      Thx for the worm welcoming, it’s good to hire!
      Let me first say that the educational material, all the articles, videos, coaching is just amazing! They help me a lot and they still are!!! And I can enjoy them on and on without make any effort to refer people! So, that not the issue hire.

In order to refer people I must benefit from my effort and my time! I keep my pro bono work for poor people, not for people who making millions!

“The new change requires everyone to improve, us as a company to provide better educational material, the referral to find new ways to get players and improve their referred friends poker experience and newbies to play better and more. This also pushes everyone to the limit and to get better.” you say.
      How can the new tell a friend system improve your company educational material? Yes, educational material can be improved but most certainly not because the new tell a friend system cause that is a completely different thing. And in the previous post I explain that they are no improvements for as the ex referrals, I must say!

I am economist by profession and I have extensive knowledge in investments, so I fully understand what the new tell a friend system (and also 5x$10 system) is all about : BUDGETS CUTS IN YOUR COMPANY!!!

I know that you, as an employ there, understand what I am talking about, but let me try to explain. Bringing more people to your company means bringing more money in! That is why you are investing in referral bonuses and free starting capital etc. for quite some time now. And when world crises appears, you decide to “improve” the system on order to cut the investments bonuses and free capital but to keep things going well like before. This new systems of your can and will lower the number of new members and that means generating less money and falling deeper and deeper in to the crises!!! Don’t play Greece!

Crises or no crises you can’t afford to lose new members, and talking about Improvements for this system is like betting on garbage in poker terms, so I can’t let you slip this bet on my table!

Take Care!
    • miholc
      miholc
      Bronze
      New TAF system is indeed worse for a person who's reffering new members.

Idea of getting $500 of a new reffered member sounds awesome, but like what; 1 of 10K new members reaches 20k ppts?

IMO, pokerstrategy is making a mistake here with this new system. As with each bussines you try to produce more, as much as possible and NOT concentrate on your bussines costs (in this case to cut $ on people who are reffering).
      I'd have been concerned if I'd be in pkrstrtgy shoes with this new TAF system. I bet that you peeps @ pkrstrtgy realize that you're not the only one (for quiet sometime already) who is giving away starting capitals so take this into consideration.

Pokerstrategy should concentrate on HOW to 'soak' new member into playing poker better, more successful. So new member don't blows roll for the very first day or smth. Biggest beginner mistakes should be introduced to new players more than once...
      Also reconsidering a site maybe? Not saying that it is bad but it have been the same from beginning? Just make it to newbie friendly/easy, so people do stay at pkrstrtgy. Etcetc...

Old taf was great, new one - not so much.

I bet this taf is one of the cheapest yet very effective way of advertising.
      Don't let this system fail completely.

I used to reffer new members but I ain't doing it (here) anymore.

Originally posted by IngridN
      I know this isn't gonna make you all happy and bubbly but no matter how many times we try to explain we just never going to agree on one opinion.
      Ingrid

Good luck
    • nikola1109
      nikola1109
      Bronze
      @ miholc

Hell yeah!

And one more thing, general rule in marketing: То attracts a new customer is 10 times more expencive than to preserve an existing one!

This TAF (and 5x10 starting capital system also) will exponentially reduce the new customers and lose the existing ones!!!
      All the luck in the world cant help you with this policy!

It's your loss btw, I just dont want to see my former favorite poker page down on her knees!
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      yea they say they make the $25 for 100 SP because people are losing their initial $50 so quickly but really they have implemented the chunk system of $10x5 separate chunks. so on top of not making $10 for the first 15 SP it takes 10x longer for new members to accumlate SP. May have to look to sites to play on that pokerstrategy isnt tracking my account.!!!
    • Haroldgold
      Haroldgold
      Bronze
      Try to referring new members from chess community, or any other brain based game's community ! In long term shot I guess 500$ is better than those 100$.
      That's mine opinion.