5x$10 system of receiving free starting capital

• nikola1109
      nikola1109
      Bronze
      Complaint about the 5x$10 system of receiving free starting capital and terms and conditions that goes with it.

I received a lot of complains from new members that I have referred about how I (and also pokerstrategy.com) trick them or even scam them or confidence trick of some kind and not deliver what was promised! Because of your new 5x$10 system I think that they got a point!

First of all, when you use this new 5x$10 system IT’S NOT $50, because it’s possible in any stage not to qualify for a new payment and not to receive the promised $50!!!
      The banner on the web page says: “Pass our quiz and get $50 for free”. Also everywhere on the web page says “$50 free starting capital”. MAYBE, IF ITS SAYES: “UP TO $50” you will have an argument against the trick/scam accusations, but this way you just have to admit and bear the consequences.

Second of all, the delay factor (7 days must past to receive a new payment) is just a deal breaker!!! Why must be a delay factor? What is next, a year mast pass to receive the next payment?

And third, only two poker rooms are available for receiving the “$50” starting capital so there is not much of a choice, isn’t it?

And again, if you don’t bring the good old 1x$50 system I can’t imagine the losses you will have from this kind of treatment to new members and if losses are acceptable for your company’s system creators, then I want them on my table to play some poker!
  • 21 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi again nikola,

Thanks for your posts, whilst I understand your concerns about not receiving all of the capital at the same time, essentially we are still giving you 25bi's for NL2, following BRM combined with continuously learning from our education material and taking part in Veriz's beginner course means that our beginning players should still be able to progress and once a player progresses through the stakes they will start to receive more SP's meaning that the referrer and referall both benefit in the long term.

Overall, everyone who passes the quiz and our ID check can receive the free $50 starting capital (25 buy-ins) but not at once but progressively.

This may not seem fair to you but after all we're talking about free bankroll giving to you and many others.

Just to make sure we don't forget that this website isn't just about the free starting capital but also a home to many players who would like to improve by just depositing the minimum from their own pocket and take full advantage of our educational material (artciles/videos/coaching/freerolls/promotions).

Hope this helps
      Ingrid
    • nikola1109
      nikola1109
      Bronze
      Hi again InqridN

Let me first say that I receive my starting capital a long time ago in the good old 1x50 system, and I was talking in the name of my referred friends and for their accusations on me about not delivered the promise!

Educational material, articles, videos, coaching are amazing, but free money is what brings more people in and take their interest!

"Everyone who passes the quiz and our ID check can receive the free $50 starting capital" you say? NOT TRUE!!!! A lot more term are up there, like generating 0.50 in rake with the first $10, and deadlines too (seven days), and some of my referred friend fail that so there you go, NOT EVERYONE WHO PASSES THE QUIZ AND THE ID CHECK CAN RESIVE $50. I don’t know why you keep bringing that up?

And just cause you give free money doesn’t mean that you can trick or miss inform people!
      Why don’t you give free $1 000 000 (in a system $1 in next million years)? Sounds more tempting isn’t it and still u will give away a 50BB in NL2.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      i guess pokerstrategy had enough of players getting their free $50 and losing it pretty much straight away, what you must realise the $50 starting capital is a long term investment for both the player and affiliate, any player who receives this free money and takes full advantage of all the resources that this fantastic website has on offer has every chance of turning the $50 into a very nice bankroll, a serious player would not need the whole $50 all in one go as explained by the moderator, this is not a charity giving away free money to anyone who wishes to sign up this is an ongoing business and if you are referring friends its also in your best interest that they take full advantage of this site and not just want to play roulette with free money.... i shall now take a breath =)
    • graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      you mean to tell me that Ps doesnt give the 50$ straight away anymore? You get in 10$ chunks? That sucks. what is the difference between this site and all the other ones giving away 10$ and then clearing a bunch of points and getting more. If this was the case wyhen I signed up I would have no itrest in poker or learning or anything else. i would have lost it all in my first 5k hands, never studied anything and just said F-it. PS you should really reconsider this
    • nikola1109
      nikola1109
      Bronze
      Yeah, that’s right graz187, they don’t give the starting 50$ straight away anymore. The system is 5x10$ chunks, with additional terms on the way, and there is a possibility not to take the all of the 50 dollars (so the whole thing is border line scam for the new members).

This system will affect all of us (members and company employees) cause there will be less new members (the vital string of every company), the rating on pkrstrategy.com will fall down and so the quality too, and soon will be force to look for another poker side and start all over again. This and many other issues I already wrote in my posts on the new tell a friend system thread!
      Everyone hire got to understand that most of the new players are numbs cause they came from Facebook Apps tables where the way they play poker there is ridicules (every hand have 2-3 all ins). So when they came hire at the real tables they get loss right away! ((That is why I am on the micro tables every day fishing :D )) They need time to adapt to the real game and its very very hard (if not impossible) for them with the first 10$ and they just gave up!!! So the investment in them is just a waste of money! I know this because I never would be a poker player if this was the system!
      I hope this clears your breathing path for you nefarious26 :D
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      They give you $50 as a chunk on Everest and Paddy Power. I know they aren't great rooms but they're fine to start off, release your starting capital and get the fuck out. A friend of mine started from Everest and a month and a half later he was on stars after tripling his $50 roll on Everest.

But I have to agree the rooms offered now are very less compared to what it was earlier. I remember when I joined Stars was also an option for starting capital and thats where I went.
    • Finya00
      Finya00
      Bronze
      I got this 5x10 starting capital... I had 10$ in my poker account... Which is 5bi for the lowest limit...

I believe that one of the main things which Poker strategy teaching us is BANKROLL MANAGEMENT. AT LEAST 25bi for the limit which u are playing... All coaches says that bankroll management is ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN POKER. But as I said when we recieve strating capital it's ONLY 5bi FOR THE LOWEST LIMIT... SO HOW WE CAN START LEARNING TO PLAY POKER RIGHT???

I had this 10$, I played enough to get another 10$ but I have to wait for it a week... U all know that poker is very SWINGY and now I'm running 3bi under EV... I have 2bi left... So how I can play my A game and don't worry about bad beats and other stuff? Maybe there's some magic way to shut down variance when u have only 2bi?

Thank you...
    • nikola1109
      nikola1109
      Bronze
      Good question Finya00, you have an interesting point and I think that the moderators will reply to you but I doubt that any answer will be any good (exept if they decide to give you more money).

I think that you should go with 50% from the table max buy in, and play real tihgt game in the begining of the game. You should first read some articles about low/middle stack strategy!!!

GL
    • Finya00
      Finya00
      Bronze
      Ech, it's pitty that moderators don't want to answer to my question...
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Finya00,

I'm sorry for the late reply here and thank you for your detailed feedback regarding our progressive bankroll.

Unfortunately, we wont be changing the bonus requirements and these are the rules we must follow if you want to receive or received the free $50 starting capital. As nicola mentioned it, we won't issue more money to any accounts and hopefully you'll still manage to enjoy your free starting capital from PokerStrategy.com.

I suggest you put your head to study while waiting or try our daily $100 freerolls to start build your own bankroll.

Let us know how you get on.
      Ingrid
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Finya00 and Nikola1109

I'm not here to start a discussion with you guys but I do want to say something.

Do you know that a lot of players keep part of their BR somewhere else then their poker account? 5BI isn't much I know that, but eventually you will have 25BI's for NL2. It only takes 5 weeks to get the full $50 and poker is a long term investment anyways, that 5 weeks wont make a difference.

And when you look at it PokerStrategy is helping you really. You get 5x$10 so if you bust it the first 3 weeks you might start thinking about studying poker a bit. If you have $50 instant you can bust it in 1 day. So eventually you get 'more pleasure' if you planning to bust it anyway.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Unfortunately, we wont be changing the bonus requirements and these are the rules we must follow if you want to receive or received the free $50 starting capital.
      Ingrid,
      To be viewed as an open and honest corporation, it is necessary not only to be truthful, but to be very clear on the terms and conditions.
      I reviewed all of the material on this page:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/free-poker-bankroll/
      and could find nothing that mentioned the step-by-step approach.

It is understandable that people are offended when it appears that they have beeen misled.

In our world, we are subjected to advertising, promotions and marketing which often relies on deception to such and extent that people AUTOMATICALLY disbelieve anything that appears in an advertisement.

In my own case, I was once offerred a 2nd $50 to sign up to Party Poker. I accepted, signed up, and played there off and on for a few months, and tripled it. Imagine my surprise when after 3 months my account was short $50! It was Party Poker who informed me that the initial $50 was a bonus that needed to be cleared. Absolutely nothing in the emails I received from Pokerstrategy mentioned this all-important fact.

I felt stupid that I had been deceived so easily, and was deeply offended that PokerStrategy would do this to me.

Would it hurt you so much to be up front with the terms and conditions? I think not.

In fact to be one of the few totally-up-front corporations in this world would be a huge positive for you.

All you need to do in this case is add a 3rd bullet:

In order to get the $50, you need to...
      • pass a quiz on one of our beginner strategies and
      • possibly confirm your personal data
      • progress through 5 stages of development, receiving $10 at the completion of each stage.

Easy!!!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Vorpal,

Thank you for your honest feedback, You know I always appreciate it.

I would like to apologize to you because we don't want to mislead anyone regarding the free $50 starting capital conditions. Your case happened in 2010 and I think ever since we approved a lot and learned how to be more successful. This doesn't happen nowadays.

Last week, I have forwarded many of your feedback to the relevant department and to make sure we update our offers in order to avoid misunderstandings in the future.

Just to be sure about one thing, I was explaining the conditions at Poker770 which is clearly stated here. Or at any poker rooms we offer the free $50 starting capital.

Ingrid
    • graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      You guys certainly are misleading people. After i heard of the change i tried to find it anywhere that it was a chunk based system. Couldn't find it. I don't think PS is an evil company or anything like that but you certainly arent being truthfull about the starting capital. Like someone said earlier why not just claim 5000$ in starting capital? After all once you grind up to black status you get a suit and some plush party.
      Also about Bankroll management, PS isnt really teaching you that with only 5 BI now are they. There also is a pycologicall element in having 2.37 left in your account or 47.63 left. How many people are just saying f-this and pushing with AJo UTG with 1.87 left and busting out.
      And for what its worth I would not recommend anyone to this site now. I know Ive only managed to get one person to sign up but now I wouldn't put my name to some bullshit 10 dollar chunk system. Ill tell to go somewhere else and they can choose from 10 sites not 2
    • nikola1109
      nikola1109
      Bronze
      TO graz187

I like to thank you and everyone else for replying to my threat and I hope that we make our point over and over again for this matter and hope that PS will reconsider this new policy.
      I would like to ask you and everybody else too about the somewhere else places with more choice of rooms and no chunks system. Are you willing to share these web pages with me?
    • graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      yea ill let you know but I warn you the amount they give can be pretty low. Add me as a friend and ill PM you
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by graz187
      yea ill let you know but I warn you the amount they give can be pretty low. Add me as a friend and ill PM you
      Thank you for keeping it discrete.
    • mirepoker
      mirepoker
      Bronze
      PS SUCKS X( X( X( X(
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mirepoker
      PS SUCKS X( X( X( X(
      Hi mirepoker,

I've already replied to you here.