This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH: AKo preflop: time to fold?

• Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $24.81
      BB:
      $25.13
      MP3 (Hero):
      $32.24

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.75, CO raises to $2.50, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.1.

CO stats (469 hands)
      12/8/18/3.0/75
      2.7/75/71/23

Did I make another weak fold? Or was it justified? This guy was playing as tight as a duck's ass.

My options:

1) 4-bet/fold: Makes no sense at all since his 3-bet bluffing range is close to 0, so I'm basically sure that if I 4-bet he will shove it in.
      2) 4-bet/call: I don't think he's playing anything else then AA or KK this way, so I'm screwed
      3) call 3-bet, play postflop: being OOP and being up against AA KK AK QQ there's not much positive EV in this play imo.
      4) fold: best option here since I nearly invested money in the pot. I insta-folded actually.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

6-handed it is not so clear imo. I think b/c is most reasonable option to then continue if you hit your tptk. He may still 3-bet with random Ax hands to balance out 3-betting KK/AA and likely he would not get all-in with worse hands, that you should 4-bet/call there

best regards,
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      wow. If there was ever going to be a time to fold AK.

This is the guy to do it vs