Resilence
      Bronze
      Known players:       
      UTG1:
      $0,98
      Hero:
      $1,66

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8:heart: , 8:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,02, 4 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,07) Q:heart: , J:club: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 bets $0,02, Hero raises to $0,08, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0,06.

Turn: ($0,23) J:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0,06, UTG1 calls $0,06.

River: ($0,35) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0,06, UTG1 calls $0,06.

Final Pot: $0,47

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows two-pair, queens and jacks (Ks Qs)
      Hero shows (8h 8s)

UTG1 wins with two-pair, queens and jacks (Ks Qs)

Seems to me I should have folded on the flop.
      But when i look at the starting hand chart, it just doens't make sense to me that he went ahead from that position with a KsQs.
      If I'm readin the chart the right way, in that situation if I had been the UTG1 I would have folded even tho they are suited.
      This session was rather frustrating from my perspective, it really felt like when ever I had a medicore hand in this game i was seated next to the BB. and when ever I had good cards I was BB and everyone folded before I got a chance to bet.
      I doubt after an hour of play that it is just pure (un)luck, I decided after loosing half my initial money to stop.
      Maybe I was just on a tilt dno, seemed everyone was just calling me to death.
      And yes I guess, I need to be ALOT more aggressive, but yeah i'm really new and it's a bit hard for me just to bet them down, hope it gets better :p

"hope my hand is valid, for judgement, if not don't mind the newcommer" :P
  • 3 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Resilence

First of all: rebuy to 100bb. Just make sure you always have 100bb

Easy fold for me on the flop. You are against 2 people and with raising you turned your hand into a bluff.

I know that if he limps he should have a pp according to the SHC. But if he bets then he has a hand.

On turn and river I don't get why you bet and why that small. If you really want to bluff him of his hand you have to bet bigger. If you don't want to bluff again then just check behind, you can get a free card from turn to river. You wasted 3BB there.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Yeah i see your point ofcouse i should have folded.
      Maybe i was falling in love with my cards there :P
      Maybe I was tired, and very annoyed about my "bad cards" should have left the table earlier :)

Feels so stupid even posting this especially after i read your post obviously, going against two players with that bad a hand is a no go >_<
      Should proberly just stick to the strategy, and suck it up when i'm loosing, instead of letting it get to me, even if i want to play for some action :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack if you are playing BSS. :)

About the hand, I don't really see why do you raise the flop and even bet the turn so small? A) you can't raise the turn for value B) you ain't betting the turn for value neither ain't making better hands to fold. So totally overplayed your hand.

If you play passively preflop then should also play passively postflop and just give up there. ;)

Best Regards.