This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh Set in very wet board

• mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.40)
      Hero ($10.55)
      UTG ($26.05)
      CO ($8.01) 47/28/1.0
      BTN ($10.66) 23/15/1.4

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, fold, Hero raises to $0.80, CO calls $0.60, BTN calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.45) K:diamond: Q:spade: A:diamond:

Hero bets $1.65, CO calls $1.65, BTN calls $1.65

TURN ($7.40) K:diamond: Q:spade: A:diamond: T:heart:

Hero bets $4, CO folds, BTN calls $4

RIVER ($15.40) K:diamond: Q:spade: A:diamond: T:heart: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $4.10 (AI), BTN calls $4.10

We have value on turn? I think 2par or better he raise flop, maybe JT only call to keep fish in pot, so is range is str8, Par+draw and fd, right?
      so turn we can value bet AT,QT,KT and fd, or c/f?
      my bet river is speawy or with this SPR is normal?
  • 4 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I think my betting the turn you're turning (Excuse the pun) your hand into a bluff, there is no value here except from TT which would probably peel and hope to hit a boat after calling on the flop in the hope of hitting a straight (People can't fold sets :D )

By betting the turn you also put yourself in a bad position on the river, you have less than 1/3 PSB left, with absolutely no worse hand calling your bet, and I doubt AA and KK are folding to such a small shove either.

I suggest you check the turn, call a bet depending on odds and treat your hand as a draw at this point. By betting the turn you've put yourself in a sickening spot on the river where you can do no right.
    • mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      but we dont loose value vs 2pairs on turn?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      On such boards, value would come from flushdraws a lot, maybe 2 pairs. But 2 pairs aren't calling you 2 streets and this is a 3b pot so number of suited hands he could have is rather limited. I would check turn and if it goes check check I would consider betting for value against TT/KQ/AQQTs/KTs.

I would c/f the Turn unless he bets small, then i c/c to try bluff catch vs the few flush draws he could have and also some 2pair betting stupidly but mostly calling to try hit a boat. If i hit i will then donk potsize on the river because straights will never fold but will often checkback since your c/c range on the turn looks so much like two pair and sets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by mawaykid
      but we dont loose value vs 2pairs on turn?
      You wont get value from them 3 streets. :) Neither you wont be able to continue if you get raised. Therefore I would also Check there and reevaluate his action/bet size.