Wow. Such blog. Very bump. Poekr fece

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold

Heya fellow pokerstrategists! It's time for me to start a blog.The following 6 months before I start at the university I want to play poker full time as a project to test myself and see how far I can go in this game. I've been playing poker on and off since i turned 18 (about a year ago) and I've been enjoying it very much, and now that i have the opportunity to take some time off from school and do whatever I want to test my boundries.I'm currently playing at NL20 where I've been stuck for a while so my first goal is to get out of this hellhole!!Anyways. I'm playing on iPoker sending money back and forth with some nits and once in a while take a pot here and there from a tourist just passing by.

...2 years go by...

Going to continue my blog because I've started playing again. Deposited 100$ on pokerstars and currently play NL25zoom. What has changed in my life? Currently studying medicine at university, moved to another city. Pretty much it!
      Ship it plx.
  • 75 replies
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      So far my project has come of to a pretty MEH start..... But i feel like I'm constantly improving!

• hansbans
      hansbans
      Bronze
      Hi and welcome to the blog section :) I'm a new blogger as well. It looks from your graph like you should be working a bit on your non-SD winnings.

Are you barreling your draws enough? 3betting enough? Maybe folding to cbets too much?
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      Originally posted by hansbans
      Hi and welcome to the blog section :) I'm a new blogger as well. It looks from your graph like you should be working a bit on your non-SD winnings.

Are you barreling your draws enough? 3betting enough? Maybe folding to cbets too much?
      Hey! :D thank you very much!

I'm not sure that is a leak at the micros. Tbh i dont want to fix something thats not broken. I just think my style of play makes my non-sd winnings look like that. Read an article about it just yesterday :P

Also I have a coach atm so as i get better maybe the non-SD winnings improve :)

I'll make sure to check your blog out!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hey mate,

great to have you in ENG Community blog section. Hope you will like around it.

Few comments on your graph here that I wouldn't worry that much about non-SD winnings. Your style is most likely straight forward ABC and you don't pick many fancy lines and therefore the non-SD winnings are also going down. But we will change that with time. :)

No need to rush and get straight away to that, if you take a look and a lot of graphs will have straight-down going non-SD winnings. Depends a lot on your style, some may go just for non-SD winnings but because of that their showdown winnings suffer. :)
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      Played a session which went allright. Stacked ppl twice but lost some small pots which were pretty standard anyways.

Here is a hand from the session which seems pretty standard, but I tend to be a bit uncertain OTR here i also posted it on the hand evaluation forums.

IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1685125
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $22.50
      MP: $36.44
      CO: $20.08
      BTN: $20.00
      SB: $3.65
      BB: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is UTG with J :club: A :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.70, MP calls $0.70, 4 folds

Flop: ($1.70) 8 :heart: 6 :diamond: A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, MP calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.50) K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP calls $3

River: ($10.50) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Villain is 21/13 over 245 hands

I open which is not very standard for me but i had a weak player in the blinds i wanted to play with.

Anyways on the flop I bet for value vs FDs 89, 78, 99-KK, worse Ax.

Turn i bet again vs same range. K doesnt change much only thing that he is more likely to call again w/ some KQ,KJ diamond type of hand.

My plan OTR is to c/f, since some weird str8 draws might have hit, villain is passive and he will most likely just c back any worse A any K or pp that might have called. Also i dont think he will call another barrel w worse.

Is this line ok should i go for more/less value?
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      I like your play. Also, opening AJ from UTG is pretty standart to me, most of the time it's AT+ for me.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      Finally me SD-winnings are starting to pick up its pace :) So atleast im not leaking money but over the last 4k hands or so I'm BE/slightly winning without RB. So things are finally turning around hopefully.

Atm my short term goals are:

Give villain more credit when he shows aggression

Take it easy on the river

Avoiding tilt/spew at all cost

Not checking results during the session.
      Hopefully i can post some better graphs after this weekend :)
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      So my results has been pretty shitty while runnning bad and playing worse. So i decided to step back to NL10 where i want to win at least 10 BI before i step up again. Just to gain some confidence in my game again.
    • hansbans
      hansbans
      Bronze
      Hi rainbow, sucks to see you are running bad as well. I got totally shit on by a bad run when moving to NL10. I've been having the same problem as you with being too result oriented. You should join me in my goal for March to not look at BR, graphs or any winnings until the end of the month.

I've only played a couple of sessions after I started this, and it feels like my play is way better. My decision making is far more calm and logical when I'm not playing result oriented.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      Originally posted by hansbans
      Hi rainbow, sucks to see you are running bad as well. I got totally shit on by a bad run when moving to NL10. I've been having the same problem as you with being too result oriented. You should join me in my goal for March to not look at BR, graphs or any winnings until the end of the month.

I've only played a couple of sessions after I started this, and it feels like my play is way better. My decision making is far more calm and logical when I'm not playing result oriented.
      Sounds good, so for the rest of march i wont look at my total winnings/losses (gotta check individual sessions to for evaluating hands)

Challenge accepted! :D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Pff pay me a dorrar everytime you look at the cashier :P that would be punishing for your bad habit :D
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Pff pay me a dorrar everytime you look at the cashier :P that would be punishing for your bad habit :D
      Haha, good idea. Winwin? F-yes!
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      So moving down to NL10 has actually affected my game in a positive manner. I feel more comfortable playing, opened my range(more like i used to play) also playing alot better postflop.

IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1698066

SB: $10.00
      Hero (BB): $13.48
      UTG: $6.65
      MP: $4.21
      CO: $10.97
      BTN: $10.82

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :heart: 9 :spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, BTN calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.05) 9 :club: 6 :spade: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BTN calls $1.10

Turn: ($4.25) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($4.25) 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Final Pot: $8.75
      BTN shows A :diamond: Q :spade:
      Hero wins $8.17
      (Rake: $0.58)
    • hansbans
      hansbans
      Bronze
      Nice hand. That is a snap call for sure :D Like your check on turn and river. Max value from that hand imo.

How is the bankroll peeping doing? I have played 10-12 sessions without looking now, and I am so insanely curious about my BR. Caught myself allmost peeping today :) Did you notice any change in your play due to not being result oriented or do you think it is only from moving down a limit? Maybe hard to tell ^^
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      I have been pretty bad updating this blog :( So for next month ill post my goals for the month, also ill post a graph of my results each week, and ill post more hands here in the blog and not just in evaluation forums.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny
      I have been pretty bad updating this blog :( So for next month ill post my goals for the month, also ill post a graph of my results each week, and ill post more hands here in the blog and not just in evaluation forums.
      Am I rich yet :D ??
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny
      Am I rich yet :D ??

Shipping 1.8 mirrion dollars, stars or MB? ;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Stars, I'm ready to donate it at the PLO tables :D
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      Ok so i played around 2k hands today. Ran pretty bad to start off with and played well after that plying up to break even than dropping about 1BI at the end.

Here is an interesting hand from the session.

IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1703596

UTG: $4.85
      MP: $10.00
      Hero (CO): $10.00
      BTN: $14.20
      SB: $11.31
      BB: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with 8 :spade: Q :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.70) 5 :diamond: 3 :diamond: Q :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.52, SB calls $0.52

Turn: ($1.74) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.30, SB calls $1.30

River: ($4.34) 2 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.00, Hero calls $6

Villain is a huge fish, making weird plays and just seems to be overall bad.

flop and turn are standard vs worse queens flush draws and straight draws.

The river is a bit interesting, i dont put him on a full house or even the set of 3s here since he would just donk the turn or atleast cr with it.

His range consists of many Ax hands and especially suited and i think this looks so much like a missed FD trying to donk me out on the river so i make the call.