This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

introduction - Jonas 'Ajfonso' Afonso

• ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I started playing poker 2 years ago and I registered with pokerstrategy. I build up a roll of $1500 and lost most of it. My current bankroll is about 200$. I started playing SSS and moved on to BSS when I had a roll of $150. With $480 I moved up to 25NL and I had a lot of difficulties with that limit. I was playing a little bit breakeven untill I chose to move back a limit. Then I played a 4,4$ 180sng on stars and finished first to win 216$. With 600$ in my account I played 25NLsh and won big. I guess variance was on my side. Then with 980$ I moved up to 50NLsh wich went absolutely superb. 50nl is probably much softer that 25NL on stars and on party so I enjoyed the non-aggressive games. Then on one night I was pretty tired but I still wanted to grind so I descided to grind $200NLsss with $1500. I still knew all the rules because I played sss in the beginning. But on 200NL the people played so overaggro against me that I am certain I got bluffshoved over my middle pairs a few times. I did not have any idea of advanced sss. Combined with a bad run of losing every coinflip I lost bit by bit in the next couple of hours and I did not move down untill I had only 650$ left. Totally miserable I went to sleep. The next two months I've been playing superswingy slightely losing with lots of tilt and a few good sessions.

My leaks are FPS and tilt. I really enjoy playing sh38/36/3,5 but it just brutally fails when you're on tilt while playing fr13/12/3,5 does not do so much damage at all. My gameplan is to stick to a tagbased style up to 21/20/3sh and 15/12/3fr.

Now I'm back where I starded with 200$ to grind 10NL. But I do want to get better at controlling tilt and stuff because I know I can definately beat some selected 200NLsh games.

Now upcoming 4 weeks I'm mega busy with finishing school. After school I descided to do a combo of working and poker. I'm planning to grind a lot next summer vacation.'

I'm going to start a blog, set goals and post LOADZ of hands to improve my game. I'll probably grind 10NLfr and 25NLfr pokerstars untill I have 650$ and then I will play 25NLsh at party poker because I really like the room.

If anyone has tips please post 'em!
  • 4 replies