Jokerstars

• Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      is this place actually a scam? i never really believed it.. i played about 50K hands between NL5/10 in 2011 and from the beginning of 2012 didn't played that much.. actually took a break b/c work and social life lol

but anyway, decided i can have time to play a few hours of game today. in my first 100 hands this exactly what happens:

1 donk at a table has KQo, I in button with AKs. i raise, he 3 bet, i ship and he call. flop QQJ.. ok w.e its just one hand

next hand right AFTER that one

im in CO with JJ, same donk sitting there with 77. i 3bet, he shoves, i call. flop comes K,7,6 blanks on turn/river

so w.e maybe he just got lucky again..

well literally a few hands later on another table

im sitting with KK on SB, i raise button 3 bet i ship it he calls with 77

flop comes Q,7,3 blank turn and river again.

well 3 times can happen too right??

next table im sitting with AA on cutoff, nice maybe i will win this time.

i raise, get 3bet by the BB, 4bet this time (??? maybe change things up lol) and he cold calls. ok so flop comes Qc 3s 8h. pretty harmless no? well i thought so but then he donks with a 1/2pot and i just ship my stack thinking im in good shape against maybe an idiot with a gutshot or top pair or something crazy like air.. we get a Kc on the turn and a 5 of spades on the river... so im good right? well this fucker showsdown two pair.. Q3o

well i had to rant a little bit, but this is probably the worst streak i ever had online :P i still been playing 1/2 live poker almost every day and i make okay money there.. but it seems when i come on to play at pokerstars i never leave a winner LOL

besides my rant if you guys can help me choose another pokerclient with a good sign up bonus that i can grind NL10 on please help me out, i'm tired of using pokerstars...
  • 8 replies
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      I was in a similar situation as you Slurpee.So i started to write down my all in hands pf to see wtf is going on.I did this when i played SnG's because there you are most likely close to an all in situation pf at about 12BB-end.
      Believe me.The odds are correct in the long run.There is no Jokerstars or other site to complain about.Sometimes you see unbelievable things ok.And happen in a row as you said.Ok.
      Last 2 days i had only 2 all in hands pf in nl10.I had AA both times.Opponent had QQ both times.I lost both times.On with 3of a kind queens and the other with a straight.It hurts.But i don 't care anymore.
      As long as you play correctly don 't worry about bad beats.
      Lately i laugh with them :D .The key to success is never tilt in such situation.NEVER !

A friend advice ...
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Gold
      if only that energy was put into hand reviews, leak finding, sweat sessions... etc
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Slurpee
      is this place actually a scam? i never really believed it.. i played about 50K hands between NL5/10 in 2011 and from the beginning of 2012 didn't played that much.. actually took a break b/c work and social life lol

but anyway, decided i can have time to play a few hours of game today. in my first 100 hands this exactly what happens:

1 donk at a table has KQo, I in button with AKs. i raise, he 3 bet, i ship and he call. flop QQJ.. ok w.e its just one hand

next hand right AFTER that one

im in CO with JJ, same donk sitting there with 77. i 3bet, he shoves, i call. flop comes K,7,6 blanks on turn/river

so w.e maybe he just got lucky again..

well literally a few hands later on another table

im sitting with KK on SB, i raise button 3 bet i ship it he calls with 77

flop comes Q,7,3 blank turn and river again.

well 3 times can happen too right??

next table im sitting with AA on cutoff, nice maybe i will win this time.

i raise, get 3bet by the BB, 4bet this time (??? maybe change things up lol) and he cold calls. ok so flop comes Qc 3s 8h. pretty harmless no? well i thought so but then he donks with a 1/2pot and i just ship my stack thinking im in good shape against maybe an idiot with a gutshot or top pair or something crazy like air.. we get a Kc on the turn and a 5 of spades on the river... so im good right? well this fucker showsdown two pair.. Q3o

well i had to rant a little bit, but this is probably the worst streak i ever had online :P i still been playing 1/2 live poker almost every day and i make okay money there.. but it seems when i come on to play at pokerstars i never leave a winner LOL

besides my rant if you guys can help me choose another pokerclient with a good sign up bonus that i can grind NL10 on please help me out, i'm tired of using pokerstars...
      I found your problem. :f_biggrin:
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EnterG
      I was in a similar situation as you Slurpee.So i started to write down my all in hands pf to see wtf is going on.I did this when i played SnG's because there you are most likely close to an all in situation pf at about 12BB-end.
      Believe me.The odds are correct in the long run.There is no Jokerstars or other site to complain about.Sometimes you see unbelievable things ok.And happen in a row as you said.Ok.
      Last 2 days i had only 2 all in hands pf in nl10.I had AA both times.Opponent had QQ both times.I lost both times.On with 3of a kind queens and the other with a straight.It hurts.But i don 't care anymore.
      Lately i laugh with them :D .The key to success is never tilt in such situation.NEVER !

A friend advice ...
      By hand? :f_confused: Get some tracking software. There are even free ones like PS Elephant.
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      By hand? :f_confused: Get some tracking software. There are even free ones like PS Elephant.

I got elephant.I just wrote down my preflop all ins.And elephant is not for tournaments :(
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      they scammed u bad
    • ipeaceonu
      ipeaceonu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EnterG

A friend advice ...
      If you send me your address I will send you my spare abacus, don't want you getting rsi writing down all those all in's. I had a different system whereby I had a bite of cake every time I lost an all in, on ipoker I was always hungry but now I am on stars I use a crane just to get me out of bed!!!!!

You should play sng's for a month to harden you to the all in variance, cash game sessions maybe a couple all in showdowns v sng's 100's. You will soon be sighing and just moving on to the next game!
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Jokerstars. Love them :s_love:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $5.07
      UTG: $5.59
      CO: $10.08
      BTN: $12.16
      SB: $7.57

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, SB raises to $0.45, Hero raises to $1.25, fold, SB raises to $3.00, Hero raises to $5.07 and is all-in, SB calls $2.07

Flop: ($10.29, 2 players) T:diamond: 8:heart: 2:heart:

Turn: ($10.29, 2 players) 8:club:

River: ($10.29, 2 players) Q:club:

SB shows A:spade: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Eights) (Pre 82%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)
      Hero shows Q:heart: Q:spade: (Full House, Queens full of Eights) (Pre 18%, Flop 14%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $9.86

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $8.66
      Hero (BB): $5.30
      UTG: $13.22
      MP: $12.59
      CO: $6.27
      BTN: $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:heart: A:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $0.15, fold, BTN calls $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.65, MP calls $0.50, fold

Flop: ($1.47, 2 players) 7:heart: T:heart: 5:spade:
      Hero bets $0.85, MP raises to $1.70, Hero raises to $4.65 and is all-in, MP calls $2.95

Turn: ($10.77, 2 players) 9:spade:

River: ($10.77, 2 players) A:club:

Hero shows A:heart: A:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 81%, Flop 12%, Turn 5%)
      MP shows T:spade: T:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Tens) (Pre 19%, Flop 88%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $10.32