$3.75
      Hero:
      $1.74
      UTG:
      $4.84
      BB:
      $12.12

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.41 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond: , A:spade:
      UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 3 folds, BU raises to $1.85 (All-In), 3 folds, Hero calls $1.24.

Flop: ($3.84) T:diamond: , 5:spade: , 3:heart:
      Turn: ($3.84) T:spade:
      River: ($3.84) K:spade:

Final Pot: $3.84

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows two pairs, aces and tens (A:heart: A:club:)
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Q:diamond: A:spade:)

OWN ANALYSIS

Raised 5 BB playing on middle position, according to strategy. Got raised by the BU, which probably was another SSS player (he had just sat down at the table, so no stats).

Assuming he is a SS, he could only have raised me with AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AK, which are all better hands than mine. But, strategy tells me to go all-in, as the relation between my remaining stack and my raise was 1.24:0.50, also 2.5:1, clearly all-in.

I think I should have folded in this situation, and if I have had stats showing he is a tight player, I'd have.
  • 6 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      In my opinion you are right, if you had stats or notes that he is a true SSS player a fold would be a better option...

But since you don't have any reads on your opponent you should stick to the strategy like you did, because at those limits players like to reraise with hands worse than yours or low-middle pocket pairs which means that you have the coin-flip with them and because your already invested money it's definitely profitable to call in the long run.

I would only advise you to make notes on opponents who reraise you only with strong hands so you don't pay them off next time, this way your money doesn't go for nothing. Otherwise nice hand for me.

Play well! :tongue:
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Thank you for the advice. :)

I will certainly keep notes on tight opponents like this, so it doesn't happen again, at least not against the same opponent :evil: .
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I agree with burek2000 in most cases ,but if you know that SSS player fired at you
      you can tighten your range (look row up in chart) and fold ( saved money as important as win money,even more important :D ).
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Thank you, already tightened up against SSS players, getting some reads from PS Elephant. ;)

Today I'm running better, just playing 2 table, as I have a lot of other things to do. Won more than 50 BB in about 300 hands, very fishy tables at this times. :D
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      try to post with stats and without the result.

normally it should be good if you play with strategy, so the call is still correct
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      call against unknown and fold against known SSS player.