This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH, KTo BvB tricky spot.

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1685974
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $23.91
      CO: $8.70
      BTN: $17.90
      SB: $21.30
      Hero (BB): $20.94

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BB with T :heart: K :diamond:
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) J :diamond: 8 :spade: 6 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.80) T :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.40, SB calls $1.40

River: ($5.60) K :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB raises to $7, Hero calls $5

This guy is a 25/22 reggish type of player stealing 38%

Because he is stealing quite alot i decide to flat call here pre.

OTF when he checks to me i just bet trying to take it down if he decided to give up. He cc. Now i hit my T.

His cc is probably some middle pair type hand or draw like 8x, 87, 79, 99,77, so i decide to bet just around half pot OTT to keep those hands in the pot.

I river the 2 pair so i decide to go for a small bet to get a crying call from maybe a worse T8,T6, 68, K8, K6. And he raises me. Im getting like 3:1 to make this call and i think he can raise me here with alot of 2pair type of hands, also i dont see him having a straight here too often. i dont think AQ will cc cc twice on this board. neither do i think Q9 will do that OTF.

He might have some runner runner flush but if that is the case i think its a cooler.

I make the call OTR since i think my hand can be best here a decent amount of the time. I don't see any point in raising since its unlikely worse will call on this board.

What do you think of my play?
  • 2 replies
    • Rastlin1
      Rastlin1
      Bronze
      I think I would have played it differently and checked back the turn to keep the pot small and hope to induce the bluff on river however as played I agree I don't like reraising and would probably make a crying call
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

seems standard play. You can always 3-bet pf all your broadway hands against wide Sb opening range but if you don´t want to go too deep into 3-bet/4-bet wars then just calling is also fine.

He would sometimes c/f there smt like 22-44 and Ax hands, so I´m fine taking stab on the pot. Also you get a lot of turn cards where you can barrel.
      I would also bet both turn and river for value, very unlikely he has there better hand than Tx and it should be easy b/c consider strength of your hand and bet size.

Best regards,