[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH, KTo BvB tricky spot.

• RainbowPonny
      IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1685974
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $23.91
      CO: $8.70
      BTN: $17.90
      SB: $21.30
      Hero (BB): $20.94

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BB with T :heart: K :diamond:
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) J :diamond: 8 :spade: 6 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.80) T :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.40, SB calls $1.40

River: ($5.60) K :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB raises to $7, Hero calls $5

This guy is a 25/22 reggish type of player stealing 38%

Because he is stealing quite alot i decide to flat call here pre.

OTF when he checks to me i just bet trying to take it down if he decided to give up. He cc. Now i hit my T.

His cc is probably some middle pair type hand or draw like 8x, 87, 79, 99,77, so i decide to bet just around half pot OTT to keep those hands in the pot.

I river the 2 pair so i decide to go for a small bet to get a crying call from maybe a worse T8,T6, 68, K8, K6. And he raises me. Im getting like 3:1 to make this call and i think he can raise me here with alot of 2pair type of hands, also i dont see him having a straight here too often. i dont think AQ will cc cc twice on this board. neither do i think Q9 will do that OTF.

He might have some runner runner flush but if that is the case i think its a cooler.

I make the call OTR since i think my hand can be best here a decent amount of the time. I don't see any point in raising since its unlikely worse will call on this board.

What do you think of my play?
  • 2 replies
    • Rastlin1
      I think I would have played it differently and checked back the turn to keep the pot small and hope to induce the bluff on river however as played I agree I don't like reraising and would probably make a crying call
    • Kaitz20

seems standard play. You can always 3-bet pf all your broadway hands against wide Sb opening range but if you don´t want to go too deep into 3-bet/4-bet wars then just calling is also fine.

He would sometimes c/f there smt like 22-44 and Ax hands, so I´m fine taking stab on the pot. Also you get a lot of turn cards where you can barrel.
      I would also bet both turn and river for value, very unlikely he has there better hand than Tx and it should be easy b/c consider strength of your hand and bet size.

Best regards,