[NL2-NL10] 2NL SH - KK Turned top set

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      3 questions on this hand:

1) Would you raise the flop or just flat call this board? The BB donk could be TP or maybe 2nd pair, and I raise because I'm happy to get it in v. his stack on this flop.

2) Are you happy to stack off against MP's 113bb stack? (***EDIT- on the flop***). He's 42/19/1.3 AF over 30 hands.

3) Bet sizing on the turn. My first thought is ~ $1.00, but this leaves only $0.79 behind him on river. I tried inducing a shove, as I wasn't so concerned with draws here and didn't want to scare him away with a big bet.

I was in 2 minds here and almost timed out!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.80)
      BB ($1.23)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG+1 ($2.27)
      CO ($0.81)
      BTN ($4.91)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

Hero raises to $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.25) Q:spade: 4:heart: 7:diamond:

BB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.46, UTG+1 calls $0.46, BB folds

TURN ($1.29) Q:spade: 4:heart: 7:diamond: K:club:

Hero bets $0.74, UTG+1 folds

Hero shows K:spade: K:heart:

Hero wins $1.24
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

1) Would you raise the flop or just flat call this board? The BB donk could be TP or maybe 2nd pair, and I raise because I'm happy to get it in v. his stack on this flop.

Most likely I wouldn't really raise cause you still have another guy behind you. You isolate against very strong hands there. :( Not that many draws possible and neither not that many 2pairs. If we do isolate then against sets.

2) Are you happy to stack off against MP's 113bb stack? (***EDIT- on the flop***). He's 42/19/1.3 AF over 30 hands.

As long you raise there then not much to add. :) It means you are raising for value. But of course after seeing MP stats that he is so loose then I wouldn't say it's even a huge mistake to play right for the stacks right on flop.

3) Bet sizing on the turn. My first thought is ~ $1.00, but this leaves only $0.79 behind him on river. I tried inducing a shove, as I wasn't so concerned with draws here and didn't want to scare him away with a big bet.

Nah, is fine, wouldn't do a lot bigger cause you will just scare away Qx. Might even make smaller 1/2.

Best Regards.