This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2NL SH - KK Turned top set

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      3 questions on this hand:

1) Would you raise the flop or just flat call this board? The BB donk could be TP or maybe 2nd pair, and I raise because I'm happy to get it in v. his stack on this flop.

2) Are you happy to stack off against MP's 113bb stack? (***EDIT- on the flop***). He's 42/19/1.3 AF over 30 hands.

3) Bet sizing on the turn. My first thought is ~ $1.00, but this leaves only $0.79 behind him on river. I tried inducing a shove, as I wasn't so concerned with draws here and didn't want to scare him away with a big bet.

I was in 2 minds here and almost timed out!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.80)
      BB ($1.23)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG+1 ($2.27)
      CO ($0.81)
      BTN ($4.91)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

Hero raises to $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.25) Q:spade: 4:heart: 7:diamond:

BB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.46, UTG+1 calls $0.46, BB folds

TURN ($1.29) Q:spade: 4:heart: 7:diamond: K:club:

Hero bets $0.74, UTG+1 folds

Hero shows K:spade: K:heart:

Hero wins $1.24
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

1) Would you raise the flop or just flat call this board? The BB donk could be TP or maybe 2nd pair, and I raise because I'm happy to get it in v. his stack on this flop.

Most likely I wouldn't really raise cause you still have another guy behind you. You isolate against very strong hands there. :( Not that many draws possible and neither not that many 2pairs. If we do isolate then against sets.

2) Are you happy to stack off against MP's 113bb stack? (***EDIT- on the flop***). He's 42/19/1.3 AF over 30 hands.

As long you raise there then not much to add. :) It means you are raising for value. But of course after seeing MP stats that he is so loose then I wouldn't say it's even a huge mistake to play right for the stacks right on flop.

3) Bet sizing on the turn. My first thought is ~ $1.00, but this leaves only $0.79 behind him on river. I tried inducing a shove, as I wasn't so concerned with draws here and didn't want to scare him away with a big bet.

Nah, is fine, wouldn't do a lot bigger cause you will just scare away Qx. Might even make smaller 1/2.

Best Regards.