About Zoom

• mandujano
      mandujano
      Bronze
      Hi, im normally a SnG player, mostly fifty50's, but now with zoom beta released, i would like to give a try, where can i find nice strategy to play those kind of tables? thank you very much
  • 29 replies
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      just normal mss or bss strategy, but a bit tighter since everyone is folding a lot more.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qnb07
      just normal mss or bss strategy, but a bit tighter since everyone is folding a lot more.
      So infact you should be playing looser. Tight tables = play loose, losse tables = play tight.
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      So infact you should be playing looser. Tight tables = play loose, losse tables = play tight.
      It depends. If they are playing tighter than optimal, then yes you should open looser. But if they are playing tighter than nl5 players normally would, then if you were used to abusing weak ranges with a loose aggressive style you might need to tighten up a bit.
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      Browse through FTP threads and find some about rush, i'm sure there are plenty of useful things you can find,cause Zoom is going to be Stars version of Rush on FTP.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      So infact you should be playing looser. Tight tables = play loose, losse tables = play looser.
      FYP!
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      #1 thing you should learn to do if you haven't is being able to fold is kk pre flop.
      Most people make the mistake of calling with kk in any preflop situation.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      play slightly tighter than on regular tables :s_cool:
    • genNNnious
      genNNnious
      Bronze
      Hello

anybody knows if there will be zoom tournaments in near future ?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      Don't know what limits you're on, but I played for several hours last night, and again this morning at FR NL2

There are a LOT of people who do the following:
        Fast fold from the blinds if they have crap
        Open raise v wide from MP3 and onwards -- this was me for about the first hour -- you get a lot of blinds this way
        Open shoving. Judging by the fact that most people doing this have 500 or more BB stacks, I suspect a lot of these are bluffs. I'm still not going to call one w/o AA
        Limp-shoving. Since open-raising is getting a lot of folds, I think these guys are limping to induce someone to raise over them.

So I've been doing these:
        3Bet from the button fairly wide if open raiser has smallish stack (<100 BB) and call a 4Bet v tight
        3Bet from blinds a LOT more than in normal FR

So far Zoom seems to me far, far softer than Rush ever was. I totally sucked playing Rush poker, but I've played a lot of poker since then, maybe it would be different now.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      Don't know what limits you're on, but I played for several hours last night, and again this morning at FR NL2

There are a LOT of people who do the following:
        Fast fold from the blinds if they have crap
        Open raise v wide from MP3 and onwards -- this was me for about the first hour -- you get a lot of blinds this way
        Open shoving. Judging by the fact that most people doing this have 500 or more BB stacks, I suspect a lot of these are bluffs. I'm still not going to call one w/o AA
        Limp-shoving. Since open-raising is getting a lot of folds, I think these guys are limping to induce someone to raise over them.

3Bet from the button fairly wide if open raiser has smallish stack (<100 BB) and call a 4Bet v tight
        3Bet from blinds a LOT more than in normal FR

So far Zoom seems to me far, far softer than Rush ever was. I totally sucked playing Rush poker, but I've played a lot of poker since then, maybe it would be different now.
      +1 could not agree more!
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      is hem1 hud working on zoom poker now?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Could you explain this point better? Why call a 4-Bet against a tight opponent? You're 3-Betting widely and calling a tight opponents 4-Bet :f_confused: ?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by dwyt84
      is hem1 hud working on zoom poker now?
      In the HEM forums they mentioned that first they'd make it work on HEM2, which hasn't happened yet, and then they'll focus on HEM1. So I guess it'll take some time.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Could you explain this point better? Why call a 4-Bet against a tight opponent? You're 3-Betting widely and calling a tight opponents 4-Bet :f_confused: ?
      Or did you mean that you call a 4-Bet very tight and not vs. tight.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      By "call a 4Bet v tight" I mean be very tight yourself if they 4Bet. In other words, if you are BTN, and you 3Bet an early raiser, call a 4Bet only with the very top of your range.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Will there be any Pokerstrategy coaching videos about Zoom strategy?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      Will there be any Pokerstrategy coaching videos about Zoom strategy?
      Good question Heffron,

Let me check for you and I'll get back with more information soon.

@everyone else regarding this

In the HEM forums they mentioned that first they'd make it work on HEM2, which hasn't happened yet, and then they'll focus on HEM1. So I guess it'll take some time.

They are very close to an official update for FULL integrtation with Zoom (HUD, Filters and Reports). Bare with us a bit more guys.

Ingrid
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      They are very close to an official update for FULL integrtation with Zoom (HUD, Filters and Reports). Bare with us a bit more guys. Ingrid

Yup, the HUD comes out tomorrow.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      They are very close to an official update for FULL integrtation with Zoom (HUD, Filters and Reports). Bare with us a bit more guys. Ingrid

Yup, the HUD comes out tomorrow.
      or maybe a day later :coolface: