results attached, EV seems high

• haines21
      haines21
      Bronze
      New to using graphs and all that, just wondering why my EV is so much higher than my actual results?

Does this happen when im all in with AA vs 22 and a 2 comes on the flop for example?

This actuallyhappened the other day lol.

Do non all in situations count towards EV, and how is it calculated?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • 11 replies
    • haines21
      haines21
      Bronze
      also what can i interpret from the redline?
    • haines21
      haines21
      Bronze
      ANYONE?!?!?
    • haines21
      haines21
      Bronze
      bump
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      EV only takes into account times you were all in before the river. for instance if you get it in with 100bb AK vs JJ pre and lose then your EV line will be roughly 100bb higher than your green line.

From you graph it looks like you're playing nl 25. At nl25 that redline looks absolutely fine, many regs will even have a negative red line so Id say you're doing pretty well, probabely choosing good cbet and bluff spots and knowing when to shut down.

ofc its a small sample size so not much can really be said ^^
    • haines21
      haines21
      Bronze
      Thanks mate that clears it up, what makes you say it looks like NL 25? im actually sitting on 4 cent and 10 cent BB tables, dont know how to put that in NL(number) terms.

Doing about 4 tables at once,

Makes me feel prety bad that im like 20$ below EV currently, should i expect this to equal out over time, its kind of tilting me!

Also one of my biggest problems seems to be going all in PRE with AK. I thought this was the norm? should i cool down on this front?
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      2 BI under EV is nothing to panic about. I am 10BI under ev with 65k hands and also that is quite common
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Don't be tilted from the redline especially in your case because your sample is really small. The red line is where you're suppose to be, so eventually you'll cross it. It can happen a lot that by the end of the day, your EV line is 4BIs higher than your green line. But another day, the green line will be 4BIs over the red line ;)

If Jan217 didn't clear it up enough. The EV line is based on odds basically. So if you're AA vs KK, AA has 80% to win. So if you win, your EV line will go up 80BB (if you're both 100BB deep). If it happens that you win 4 times and lose once in this situation (what's suppose to happen), you'll be right where your EV line is.
    • haines21
      haines21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suitedaces1701
      Don't be tilted from the redline especially in your case because your sample is really small. The red line is where you're suppose to be, so eventually you'll cross it.
      So im meant to be on the redline? The line where regs usually goes down, as the above post states?
    • haines21
      haines21
      Bronze
      btw suitedaces1701 , your blogs are a great read
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Originally posted by haines21
      Originally posted by suitedaces1701
      Don't be tilted from the redline especially in your case because your sample is really small. The red line is where you're suppose to be, so eventually you'll cross it.
      So im meant to be on the redline? The line where regs usually goes down, as the above post states?
      You're meant to be on the redline but you will never actually stay on it throughout big samples sizes (atleast 10K hands). Check out other blogs about cash games and you'll know what I mean. Just don't really mind the line, work on your play and keep improving :)

I'm not sure I get the second question, but there are losing regs where the red line goes down because they're not playing well (all of the lines go down).

And thanks!
    • haines21
      haines21
      Bronze
      Ah, i presumed as you used the word reg that meant a good player!